2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2020 11:56 AM by ashevillelookout RSS

Interesting read. OTAs vs Goog

u0999 Premier Contributor
        • Re: Interesting read. OTAs vs Goog
          ashevillelookout Senior Contributor

Indeed. The most telling statement of the article was the reference to which OTAs were not Google partners, i.e., AirBnB.  Their ad does not appear above the google results ...but VRBO does.

EDITED in response to feibus

My take on the article was that the OTAs did not appear in advertising above the fancy Google box in the EU market....and my mistake was not looking below the Google box for AirBnB or noticing that Air properties were advertised in the Google "partner" box. 

I personally use Google searches and travel services, but only insofar as Google provides information that I then use by directly contacting the airline, hotel or VR owner that I want to obtain services from. 

googlerentals.JPG

• Re: Interesting read. OTAs vs Goog
              feibus Senior Contributor

not sure your info is correct, given that ABB is the first and fourth one in the google partner list in your picture.

Their ads in my market show as 5th ad, which is a reasonable place to be if you don't want to overspend on you ads on google.  I never ever want to be first on my google ads, too many people hit that first link by mistake.