5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2019 1:30 AM by linky17 RSS

Too many text messages

u0999 Premier Contributor

Text messages used to be sent when there is a new inquiry or a new IB. Now I get a text message each time traveler does anything: replies to original thread, or makes a payment. All marked "inquiry from". the one when 2nd payment was paid was marked as new booking I think....

• Re: Too many text messages
          bonesxxx Active Contributor

According to the settings in my dashboard, they should only come for new bookings and inquiries.

Must be a glitch you can report here to the mods or by calling CS (yay you).

feibus Senior Contributor

I don't get any text messages, just emails.  so it's a settings thing.

scowol Active Contributor

I, too, suddenly started getting text messages for mere emails from an already booked/current/former guest. There's no setting to turn this "feature" on/off.  I only want texts for inquiries and booking alerts--not every email.

ha-moderator-amanda HomeAway Employee

Hi u0999 and everyone, at this time we haven't received any reports of a glitch that would cause this but it is a bit perplexing! As this is generally related to 'settings', please try the steps below to troubleshoot:

• From your dashboard, navigate to the option on the left hand side to 'Edit Property'.
                • On the next screen, you will see horizontal tabs and click on the one for 'Contact'.
                • Scroll down to the SMS alerts section where you can select your preferences for which SMS alerts you want to receive and make sure you save your preferences.

If you already have the option selected to be notified about initial inquiries and booking requests, but you're still receiving SMS alerts for all traveler activity, please try selecting a new option (for example, no SMS alerts) and save. Then go back and select the option for initial inquiries and booking requests only, and save again.

If we're notified of an actual glitch causing this, we will definitely let you know. Thank you for letting us know so we can keep an eye out for any reports.