5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2019 8:09 AM by martyp RSS

Rates Calendar Messed Up - Check Yours!

3seasbeach Contributor

I went to make some changes on my Rates Calendar this morning and found a mess.  I also offer a weekly discount percent, and it is showing 0%.  I will be calling CS this morning.  If yours looks like this as well, please call and report.

0001.jpg

• Re: Rates Calendar Messed Up - Check Yours!
          martyp Contributor

I just checked mine and it is totally screwed up.  It gets even worse.  click on the test rates button or the monthly button. 

This doesn't surprise me; The VRBO programming staff has a long history of incompetent  programming.  It is also obvious that VRBO saved money by not paying for a Quality Assurance department.  As I said in another thread: I used to be a software engineer designing an air traffic control system; if I was as bad as the VRBO staff, people would have died.

ohst8er Premier Contributor

I really appreciate this site, as it has helped me keep up with many issues, and also alert other owners to issues.    But... I checked my rates calendar on both Google Chrome AND Safari, and also tested my rates, and see no issues on my end.  I hate to say this, but... have you tried clearing your cookies and browsing data?  Are you using the most recent version of whatever browser you are using?  I'm not saying it absolutely is NOT VRBO, but I am saying it's  not a site wide issue. 

3seasbeach Contributor

ohst8er Yes to all of your questions.  Anytime I have an issue with the owners portal I always make sure my computer is clean and updated, before posting any of my observations to this group 

martyp Contributor

I see the same problem as described by 3seasbeach.  It is most likely another one of their screwed up A/B tests.

In another thread, I mentioned VRBO's unethical behavior. This is another example. We pay for our VRBO web pages; testing without our permission affects our finances and is unethical. Testing should only be performed on sites where the owner has volunteered to be tested.

This is not A/B or beta testing; this is ALPHA testing. Alpha testing is testing that is performed on an in-house test site to minimize putting defective software into the marketplace. Beta is testing is performed on live volunteer sites to catch the bugs missed in alpha testing.  A/B testing is performed AFTER beta testing.

The illustration post by 3seasbeach is so screwed up, it illustrates extreme incompetence by the VRBO programming staff.

feibus Senior Contributor

No issues with mine either.

And I love the little red delta symbol to let me know my min # of nights is too large for the dates that are open.