4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2019 8:27 AM by skiutahvacationrentals RSS

Anyone else having "internal errors" at HA preventing you from getting paid?

skiutahvacationrentals New Member

I switched from Yapstone to HA/VRBO payments October 2nd.

Guest books on October 12th for a stay from Oct 17 - 19. Guest comes and goes, typical guest. VRBO notifies me 7 days later that their damage deposit has been returned to them.

Thing is, I still haven't been paid.

Yes, I have been paid from other guests since switching to HA/VRBO payments.

I called my premier support line (been premier for several years, 4 properties with 500+ positive reviews).

Promised a call or email back from "billing department". Betting anyone here 100:1 odds that doesn't happen.

Anyone else experience this?

My main gripe is that if I hadn't double checked this, I would probably never have been paid and never have been notified by HA/VRBO. That's robbery.

• Re: Anyone else having "internal errors" at HA preventing you from getting paid?
          scooby Contributor

Whenever you have a last minute booking within a week prior to arrival, you will not receive the funds until a week or so after check-in.  This has happened to me twice so I called and was told it was due to last minute bookings. 

• Re: Anyone else having "internal errors" at HA preventing you from getting paid?
            fals1234 New Member

I have the same experience as you have, as I have not received any deposit onto my bank account since Sep 12/2019 .

The tenants have paid their rent to VRBO, and I have given them access to the house, but no money from VRBO. to my bank account.

Every time I call or use the chat forum for help, I get the same answer: Technical problems, it will be taken care of in two three days.

What can I do?

Best regards from a desperat Dane.

skiutahvacationrentals New Member

Well not surprisingly, nobody ever called back.

So I called back, and was informed that "nobody ever tells you we will call you back, that's wrong". Lolz. You can't believe a thing that these CS people say.

I was then informed that my banking information was wrong. I explained that payments had been made successfully in the past, and that these were just being held back. CS rep confirmed payments had been made, but "must have been an error".

While listening to the load of halooey that the CS rep was reading from her script, I went to the payments section of the dashboard, selected the same account details from the drop down list, hit "accept" again, and the payments were disbursed the next day. So obviously no details were "incomplete or wrong" as they alluded do, someone or something just "turned off" my payments and I was never alerted to the fact that $1000+ was being held back for a month. I never would have been alerted.

Lesson learned: Do not believe a thing, NOT ONE THING, that the CS rep tells you on the phone...even if you're premier. These folks can only read off of a script and cannot provide any action or help for you.