0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2019 5:06 PM by cavedodger RSS

    HomeAway has sent me the wrong W8-BEN tax form... can't get them to send correct form?

    cavedodger New Member

      HomeAway sent me a nice email with a link to complete the US tax form W8-BEN but they sent me the one to be completed by an ENTITY and I am an individual - so I need the W8-BEN instead of the W8-BEN-E form.  I cannot get anyone at Homeaway to take this seriously.  As an individual I cannot fill in a form designed for an entity - it actually says so specifically at the top of the form!  Does anyone know who I can speak with, or indeed how to speak with someone at Homeaway?


      Form W8-BEN, Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for U.S. Tax Withholding, is used by a foreign person to establish both foreign status and beneficial ownership, and to claim income tax treaty benefits with respect to income other than compensation for personal services.

      W-8BEN-E is an important tax document which allows businesses operating outside of the U.S. to claim tax exemption on U.S.-sourced income. The official document title is Certificate of Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Entities).