6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2019 4:40 PM by ha-moderator-amanda RSS

Hey, neighborhoods are back! and... now they're gone again...

ohst8er Premier Contributor

AND, NOW THEY ARE GONE .  WHAT THE HECK?

Anyone else seeing this when they do a search?  That's great news!  Although I AM wondering why some of these neighborhoods are grayed out....

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 6.23.39 PM.png

• Re: Hey, neighborhoods are back!
          scowol Active Contributor

I checked my listing area, and was happy to see that there is a filter for Neighborhoods. However, in my listing area, they are not neighborhoods.   They are apartment complexes, condos, clubs and resorts (see my copied list below).  For example, "The 2801" and "48 @ Baristo" are condos/townhomes.  The bonafide neighborhoods that my properties are located are not choices in the list at all.   So in my area, Vrbo is incorrectly listing complexes as neighborhoods, which is misleading.   Vrbo may have it correct in your listing area, however.

Regarding the grayed out boxes, I am familiar with the locations of the complexes, so I looked up a few that were grayed out using the Vrbo map view with no dates.  As I suspected, there are zero Vrbo listings for "neighborhoods" that are grayed out.

Annotation 2019-10-21 162659.png

ohst8er Premier Contributor

I see what you are saying about the grayed boxes.  I know there are rentals in some of those areas, but they must be controlled by a central booking group that is not affiliated with VRBO, because a search of those neighborhoods does not provide anything. 

calicalling Active Contributor

So how do we get our homes to populate to the appropriate 'neighborhood?" My specific HOA isn't listed, but my neighborhood is, and I'll love to see my homes pop up when I filter for my neighborhood, which currently they don't.

I do see that some area properties in condo complexes don't turn up in searches for their complex, but rather in the more general 'neighborhood' filter so I suspect these locations are chosen by the owner, not by a geotag?

calicalling Active Contributor

amanda_ha,

I've asked this question directly from CS, I've had it shared and escalated by CS, and I've asked it here, all with no response.

Could someone advise, please? TIA.

ha-moderator-amanda HomeAway Employee

Hi ohst8er, we can confirm that scowol was on the right track regarding the grayed out neighborhoods. If we have fewer than 3 properties in a specific neighborhood and those properties qualify for all of the other filters, we will gray out the neighborhood to prevent travelers from over-filtering.