4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2019 11:55 AM by toledo9 RSS

"Invalid Format" when adding bank "Account Number"

toledo9 New Member

Does anybody know what VRBO is looking for for bank Account Number? I only get "Invalid Format". It says add "Suffix (2 or 3 digits)" and of course with no explanation and no combination of letters or numbers works. So frustrating as this needs to be submitted by November 1st to receive payments on the new system! No replies from Support email and several phone calls went to the "Partner Support" voicemail and no messages have been returned.

• Re: "Invalid Format" when adding bank "Account Number"
          margaret CommunityAmbassador

I entered my routing # and checking account #

ha-moderator-meriah HomeAway Employee

Hello Toledo9, I'm sorry to hear you're not able to complete the form. It sounds like you are calling your account manager, you may have faster service if you contact our Support Team.

happyfeet Contributor

All banks in the USA have 13 digit account numbers. If you have a checking account and 2 savings accounts -- you will have 3 similar but slightly different 13 digit account numbers. Look at your monthly statement which should show the account number for each account you have open at your bank. If you want your money to go to "checking" then enter the 13 digit number associated with you checking account.

The VRBO instructions state and imply that the account number you should enter would be 7 digits and 2 or 3 digits for a suffix or a prefix. Those instructions are absolutely entirely wrong -- since you must enter your 13 digit account number. Fortunately you can enter 13 digits in the space they provide and that works. It worked for me a few days ago and I already got a payment to prove it. I was totally hung up on those wrong instructions and at 1st didn't even try to enter 13 digits.

toledo9 New Member

I am using a Canadian bank account and none of this works. Thanks for the help though. VRBO as usual not willing to help and I process well into the six figures a year in bookings on this platform for the past 15 years, but will be moving to Airbnb exclusively next month it seems because nobody will even call me back or respond from support for a simple issue on payments that is broken on their side, not mine. It worked fine for years with Yapstone.