7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2019 2:03 PM by green_mango RSS

Best pms for small luxury operation

robincrow New Member

Has anyone identified the best 2 or 3 PMS's for a 5 property operation (luxury) currently doing 95% of our business through VRBO and AirBnB? We want to add more of the top performing channels while increasing our website bookings to 50%. The more I research the more they all look and sound the same. Thank you for sharing your learning curve!!!

• Re: Best pms for small luxury operation
          crcasablanca Contributor

Where are your rental properties located?  There are probably property managers local to your area that people in other parts of the country would not know about.

The big national ones that people on this forum may have heard of tend to get a lot of negative reviews. They may be more interested in just “putting heads in beds” and not as concerned about the long term appearance and maintenance of your property.

green_mango Active Contributor

Highly specific to your region - the best PMs in both of my areas are local, small operations.  Also plenty of local not-so-good PMs, but I'd ask around among your local owners.

robincrow New Member

Finding local pros who are willing to discuss their strategies has been difficult, but I'm hoping the fact our 5 properties are all in destination cities within the US might help you good folks point me in the right direction. For disclosure, among the PMS's that have been tagged as preferred by VRBO and ABB (thus have an API integration in place) are Vreasy, Lodgify, and Guesty. All seem to be foreign owned, but Vreasy and Guesty had great demos and seem to have everything we most need. Not too keen on Guesty's 3% fee... we want to avoid that... and Lodgify seems to have a great price and superior website builder but service and communications seem to be on the low end. Am I looking in the right direction with these three?

green_mango Active Contributor

Oh, it sounds like you're looking for *software* to manage - not an actual PM with an office to manage your listings and coordinate bookings and cleaning etc...? 

My website is hosted on the Lodgify platform, but they don't manage anything. 

OwnerRez is a great option for software management - e-sign capability and $20 property damage protection for each booking.  Great customer service here in the US.  Here's my link if you want to check it out:  <a href="https://www.ownerreservations.com?referredBy=oru5b14b48e0ax">OwnerRez - vacation rental software!</a>

I pay $20/month for OwnerRez - I just have one property but it's really helpful.  You can set up payment processing with one of their approved processors and it'll be integrated.  You can host your site there and it's all in one - I'd have my site there but I simply already made it on Lodgify and don't want to redo it.

db.meyer Senior Contributor

Have you checked out RedAwning? They are now also a Google "Partner" with their VR listings appearing in Google Travel Hotels/Vacation Rentals program, as well as all the other major OTAs.

https://www.redawninggroup.com/who-we-work-with/vacation-home-owners/

u0999 Premier Contributor

Not sure if you are asking about Property manager or property management software? If latter, then Ownerrez. with 5 + properties you can integrate direct with vrbo, booking dot com, airbnb integration upcoming. also integrates with PriceLabs pricing software.