8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2019 4:57 PM by martyp RSS

Listing not showing in search results

dialledinderby New Member

Hello all,

We are new to HomeAway/Stayz and have just listed our property. When I do a search for the town and available dates the listing is not appearing in the results. Can someone please give me an idea of how long it takes for your listing to be visible. It says it is visible in settings.

Many thanks

Rob

• Re: Listing not showing in search results
          ohst8er Premier Contributor

If memory serves it’s instant, but it’s been a while since we made ours live. Did you try searching by the VRBO.com/and then your listing number? If it doesn’t show up that way then it’s not live

kohalaeric New Member

Are you seeing your property in search results yet?  I've been a VRBO customer for seven years.  Just this week I noticed our property is no longer showing in search results.  When a user uses the map and focuses in our neighborhood we show up, but if they search by town or neighborhood/resort name we don't show up.  Customer Service was not able to figure out why this was happening and have escalated to technical support.  I'm awaiting an answer.  Will post here when I get it. 

kohalaeric New Member

About 24 hours after I spoke on the phone with customer service my listing has started showing up again in search results.  I didn't receive any kind of communication explaining to me what had happened or confirming that the situation had been resolved.  I called to see what I could find out but was faced with a 15 minute wait time and decided it wasn't worth the wait.  So, apparently, one of my new things moving forward is going to be to do more frequent searches on my neighborhood just to make sure my listing still shows up.  You'd think that that listings showing up in search results would be the one thing that VRBO would get right all the time, but I guess not.

ohst8er Premier Contributor

kohalaeric, I search for my listing regularly for a variety of reasons, this being one of them.  Once you find it in a general search, then do a search with filters.  Click every single filter that applies to you and make sure you show up.  If you do not then unclick them one by one to find out what clickable fliter option has left you unsearchable.  I am surprised how many of my competitors don't click obvious things on the owner's side.  I know we all have heat, because it does get cold enough in the winter in Southern SC to need it, but if I click the "heating" filter, a number of my competitors fall off.  Check regularly, because those filter options are subject to change without notice. 

martyp Contributor

Are you searching through each of the many pages?  The map only shows the first 50.  When you zero in on your location, you are eliminating those who are farther away, but have a higher listing than you do.

ha-moderator-christi HomeAway Employee

dialledinderby

I apologize for the delay in responding  Listings are general live on the site within 24 hours of being submitted for publishing. If you can't find a listing after 24 hours please reach out to customer service.