Glad to help ... something about money deposited into your account that brings a smile to the face!
Thank you for your help!!! Hey so was your booking from the 23rd a straight 7 days prior to disbursement?
My booking came in on the 24th and the disbursement date changes each day it was supposed to be dispersed. Hopefully it will be dispersed today. And it was a holiday glitch. Thanks for the heads up that the deposited time is about the same.
Thanks so much for reporting on this. I decided to stay with Yapstone and pay the 3% fee because I didn't want to sign the new Terms and Conditions and didn't trust the system to operate on time. I don't know if that was a good decision or not.
Tt looks like the Yapstone disbursements are equally slow. I also received my first booking under the new regime on August 24.
Sept. 3: I received the notice that the funds were disbursed on Sept. 3
Sept. 4: the money landed in my bank account.
And, for what it's worth, on the direct deposit breakdown, the additional 3% fee is called a "VRBO AP fee"--not a Yapstone Advanced Payment fee.
Yesterday I watched it change from being dispersed on the 4 then to the 5th and today they said the disbursement failed to go through again.
I was told that I didn't have my bank info entered, which when I tried to reenter it it said it was done on the 24th.
Then I was told that "payroll" or whatever their dept is called hadn't approved my tax info which they miraculously did after 6pm yesterday.
But it still didn't go through today.
Today I am told there is a ticket in billing and tech to find out... but that could be 24-48 hours more.
The 3% at Yapstone would have been a bit over $20. Would have been worth it since I will know have a late fee of double that. And I would have the funds in my hands already.
Any Moderator, can you help?! It behooves me that you would have a small group roll out and not allow for feedback if there is a problem. Half the CS don't even know that advance payouts exist.
What I learned:
- When you call in... make sure they double check to see that your bank info and tax info is in and approved.
- Make sure they escalate it as that can take 24-48 hours.
- One of the CS reps said that they are having a bunch of problems with this happening.
- (I called 3 times yesterday each time I saw sometime with the date change; the person today was the only one that sounded like she understood what I was saying, but couldn't do anything about it).
I too am glad I'm one of the happier examples from this. I wish there weren't so many unhappy converts during this rollout, but as long as the percentages stay small on that, it'll get handled faster.
Getting these glitches worked out and getting more "use cases" on AP seems to be their current goals for this, which is good.
From what HomeAway (not Yapstone) wrote in the "new" early payments email, the count appear to be between 10 - 14 business days:
- Payments are disbursed 7 business days after your guests have submitted their payment.
- Funds will arrive in your bank account three to seven business days later (settlement times vary by bank).
I'm presuming the above talks about two (2) steps, disbursement, then settlement. Example:
- If booked on August 24, Saturday, disbursement would be on September 3 Monday (7 business days).
- Then settlement would likely be between 9/6 Friday (3 business days) and 9/12 Thursday (7 business days).
I've been wrong before so feel free to correct me if you learn different.
YIPPEEE I just got mine dispersed.... after being on the phone all day. Will let you know when the funds arrive.
You have to go off what is stated in the reservation as to when the disbursement date will be. My disbursement date kept changing.
What I found out today....
- If someone books now for this weekend we will not have the funds dispersed the day after check in. They will be holding the money at least 7 -10 days. (I did not read that in anything and didn't hear that at the town hall)
- However no one could point out where that is in the agreement.
- Any booking within the next 1-2 month window: the 7 day rule is extended as well as no guaranteed disbursement the day after check in.
Please moderator.... can you show us where this is in the Terms & Conditions. At this point I have to raise my rates here and lower them on ABB for the rest of the month, until I figure out how payments are being made here.
Finally!!! Money in my Account!!! Oh Happy DAY!!!
With yapstone, I always got paid the day after I received the email.
Got paid today, the day after I received the email ... just like Feibus said, the same payment time into account as yapstone.
What I figure, is that if my disbursement date wouldn't have kept shifting... that the difference on this new system is only about 2 business days.
It appears that Yapstone held the funds for 4-5 days before dispersing also. The difference is on the reservation page, with yapstone it said it was disbursed the same day as the booking and now it says the actual disbursement date.
I hope I am correct on this. ******Moderator****, can you have Customer Service check this out... and if I'm correct begin to explain it better. We care about how things are changing from what it was. If HA is mixing up nomenclature and making things more confusing without realizing it, can you have them take a breath and see how they can easily make this transition smoother....roughly 2 business days longer is a heck of a lot easier to bear than 7 -10 day longer.