14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2019 9:35 AM by countrygirl212 RSS

Has anyone gotten paid on the new HA advanced payment system yet?

countrygirl212 New Member

My booking came in on August 24, they said it would be dispersed on the 31st (7days...Saturday to Saturday).  Then it changed to the Sept 2nd now it says on the Sept 4th it will be dispersed.   I could have stayed with Yapstone and paid the 3% and had it in my bank last week.  Has anyone had any funds dispersed?   I'm not trying to complain, I'm glad to be in the first group, just trying to figure out how to budget in this new world!   I thought they said they were holding it for only 7 days and it would be dispersed even on the weekend. 

• Re: Has anyone gotten paid on the new HA advanced payment system yet?
          feibus Senior Contributor

Yes, today, on a payment that was set for disbursement on Friday.  So that's 2 business days, which is about the same speed as a Yapstone payment.

BTW, thanks for the reminder to look, had forgotten that was supposed to happen this week.

calicalling Active Contributor

I'm having the same situation. The booking I took on 8/24 now shows paying today and disbursement in 5-7 days. Date seems to be sliding, significantly, to the right.

mauitime103 New Member

From what HomeAway (not Yapstone) wrote in the "new" early payments email, the count appear to be between 10 - 14 business days:

1. Payments are disbursed 7 business days after your guests have submitted their payment.
              2. Funds will arrive in your bank account three to seven business days later (settlement times vary by bank).

I'm presuming the above talks about two (2) steps, disbursement, then settlement.  Example:

1. If booked on August 24, Saturday, disbursement would be on September 3 Monday (7 business days).
              2. Then settlement would likely be between 9/6 Friday (3 business days) and 9/12 Thursday (7 business days).

I've been wrong before so feel free to correct me if you learn different.

YIPPEEE I just got mine dispersed.... after being on the phone all day.    Will let you know when the funds arrive.

You have to go off what is stated in the reservation as to when the disbursement date will be.  My disbursement date kept changing.

What I found out today....

• If someone books now for this weekend we will not have the funds dispersed the day after check in. They will be holding the money at least 7 -10 days.  (I did not read that in anything and didn't hear that at the town hall)
                  • However no one could point out where that is in the agreement.
                  • Any booking within the next 1-2 month window:  the 7 day rule is extended as well as no guaranteed disbursement the day after check in.

Please moderator.... can you show us where this is in the Terms & Conditions.   At this point I have to raise my rates here and lower them on ABB for the rest of the month, until I figure out how payments are being made here. 

Finally!!!   Money in my Account!!!  Oh Happy DAY!!! 

With yapstone, I always got paid the day after I received the email.

Got paid today, the day after I received the email ... just like Feibus said, the same payment time into account as yapstone.

What I figure, is that if my disbursement date wouldn't have kept shifting... that the difference on this new system is only about 2 business days.

It appears that Yapstone held the funds for 4-5 days before dispersing also.   The difference is on the reservation page, with yapstone it said it was disbursed the same day as the booking and now it says the actual disbursement date.

I hope I am correct on this.  ******Moderator****, can you have Customer Service check this out... and if I'm correct begin to explain it better.  We care about how things are changing from what it was.  If HA is mixing up nomenclature and making things more confusing without realizing it, can you have them take a breath and see how they can easily make this transition smoother....roughly 2 business days longer is a heck of a lot easier to bear than 7 -10 day longer.