8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2019 7:19 PM by hekkl5 RSS

"ACTION NEEDED" Email - has anyone else received this?

patpat Contributor

Has anyone received the email copied and pasted below?  I have not "upgraded" any accounts, as this email indicates. This makes no reference to which one of our listings. When I follow the "here" link, it brings up one of the listings not due to expire until sometime next year. This looks like some sort of phishing scam. I don't know what to make of it. Perhaps it has something to do with HomeAway/Yapstone payments switch over? Do we need to give HA our banking info or don't they already have it via Yapstone?? The whole thing was not adequately detailed or communicated with sufficient time. Whether change is good or not, change needs to be spelled out precisely to avoid any confusion or misunderstandings. It would also be nice to receive a "formal" letter of this new "detailed" plan, not just emails that appear to look like spam.  I tried calling customer service this morning. I was on hold for a very long time and then it cut over to a voicemail. I left my name and number; so far no call back.

ACTION NEEDED: Take the next step to upgrade your payment account

Capture-action needed.PNG

• Re: "ACTION NEEDED" Email - has anyone else received this?
          scowol Active Contributor

Yes, it's legitimate.  Yes, you need to add your bank details.  If you're worried, log onto your listing and go directly to your Payments settings and you'll see it's also prompting you for your info.

margaret CommunityAmbassador

scowol gave you good advice go to your dashboard to update the bank info. Property>Rules & Policies>Payment Options. You may have to enter the info for each listing

patpat Contributor

Thank you. I forgot about the payment section on the left side of the screen - just seems more logical for me to go to the right side where "My accounts" and "Property settings" are! Duh...no wonder I wasn't seeing it!!  And yes, info had to be entered for each property. Plus,..the other thing you need to know...W9's need to be filled out again for each bank account. I have 2 bank accounts - one for our LLC and one for our trust properties. Thanks again. I finally talked to customer service. They are getting bombarded with calls.  It was Yapstone that pulled this fast one on them; raised rates out of line and didn't give them time to react and give adequate notice.

katie921 New Member

Do you only have to enter your bank information if you conform to the new 'advanced payment' hostage fee of an extra 3% though?

I am torn on which way to go.... Honestly if someone books 1-45 days in advance, I'd rather wait for the 'delayed' payment at no extra charge. If someone books more than 45 days out, I would be willing to pay the 3% hostage fee since I can earn ~2% interest on the money. Is anyone else struggling with this?