1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 330 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2019 8:35 PM by hekkl5 Go to original post RSS
      • 75. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
        feibus Senior Contributor

So thinking about this for a while.

I think that Yapstone unilaterally making this change without clearing it through Vrbo is very unlikely.  In fact, I think this is a warning shot to see whether Vrbo can do the same thing to us with their own payment system.  They'd like to know whether we'd accept a 3% cost to get our money when the guest books on top of the other 3% processing fee.  They're trying to price the risk.. both the cost of fraudulent owners -- which I think they wildly over-estimate -- and the cost of owners NOT trying to book through the platform.  Why not let Yapstone be the face of that test instead of Homeaway?

Disgusted.

• 76. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
          georgygirl1955 Senior Contributor

disgusted is an understatement.

• 77. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
            erika Contributor

That, feibus, seems very likely to me as well. I am also disgusted, mostly by the disrespectful way long time owner partners are being treated. Many of us have never created a single problem for VRBO in many years, and any tiny "risk" of a formerly responsible owner going "dark" is amply compensated by the high fees that VRBO / HA already collects.

• 78. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
              twobitrentals CommunityAmbassador

Well, I haven’t been on here much lately but trying to read when I can. This information is quite disturbing and frankly I am glad that I only have 2 more bookings before I stay for the winter months. Hopefully all this mess will be sorted out before I start booking for next year

While I enjoy having advanced payments (no notices yet) I won’t pay extra to receive my own payments. I will wait until check in. AND once again....come January make the decision as to whether I continue in the VR business or move in a different direction.

I hate to hear so many thinking of leaving, but everyone has a limit as to what they will accept. Life is short and making decisions that benefit our mental and physical health is more important to me than my financial health.

• 79. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                georgygirl1955 Senior Contributor

so that means your headline is "wrong" and you are blaming the wrong entity.

Wondering how many owners will fail to stay afloat without cash flow.

Wondering how many owners rely upon the cash flow as income.

Wondering what the industry and headlines will say when visitors appear at VR's that have gone out of business due to lack of cash flow to keep the lights on.

Wondering howthe HomeAway / VERBO traveler guarantee will come into play with shuttered VR's

• 80. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                  ha-moderator-michael HomeAway Employee

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and patience. We have shared more information about payment changes here.

Thanks,

Michael

HomeAway Moderator

• 81. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

Yep, we had the conversation tonight whether we would sell over the way Vrbo has been treating owners and what other nonsense they'll load on us to goose their earnings at our expense.  Still talking about it, but I did list one home on Zillow to gauge interest.....

• 82. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

Hi feibus,

In the next 24 hours, you’ll receive an email letting you know if and when you’ll be invited into the early payment program. If you would like to move to the Vrbo payment platform before our early payout program is ready, we're currently working on options and will be sure to share once we've found a solution.

Thanks,

Michael

HomeAway Community Moderator

• 83. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

Hello margaret,

We’re accelerating roll out of our early payout feature to eligible partners as quickly as possible. In the next 24 hours, you’ll receive an email letting you know if and when you’ll be invited into the early payment program. We plan to invite the first group of eligible partners within 45 days.

Thank you,

Michael

• 84. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

Hi erika,

Yapstone is a third party payment processor and separate company that manages their business independently of Vrbo. We can't dictate their business decisions. With that said, we know how important payments are and are accelerating the roll out of our early payments program to eligible partners. We appreciate your patience as we quickly work through this change together.

Thank you,

Michael

• 85. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

Hello erika,

Thanks for the question. It was our intent to get all of the features and capabilities ready before asking partners on advanced payments to move to the new Vrbo solution. However, we cannot dictate business decisions of 3rd party companies. We are working rapidly to get our early payout program made available to eligible partners as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Michael

• 86. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

I've already done the first step to get into Vrbo Payments (I'm trying to brand it before marketing does ), just waiting to hear back.

Don't take my sour expressions as meaning I don't appreciate that y'all are working to get the problems solved faster.  I'm just annoyed as heck at how this was done to us.

• 87. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

Hi hill5185,

Apologies this is vague, normally this would be sent with context and dashboard notifications. Hopefully this helps: The upgrade experience is a 2-step process. The first step is reviewing and accepting Vrbo's payment terms and conditions, which anyone can do now. The second step is to add your bank account details, we'll prompt you to do this via email and your dashboard. The timing of step 2 for each partner varies and we're working to get it available as fast as possible. Right now, please review and accept the payment terms if you're interested in Vrbo's new payment option. For those interested, here's the link for HomeAway and here's the link for Vrbo

Thank you,

Michael

• 88. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                                  db.meyer Senior Contributor

Thank you ha-moderator-michael.  I did note this: "Currently, the early payout program will be offered at no additional cost."  Any "future" plans you might be able to share with us based on Yapstone's move today?!

• 89. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                                    maiha New Member

Awesome!  Thanks, Michael.

Can you tell us what determines to be eligible partners?

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next