1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 330 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2019 8:35 PM by hekkl5 Go to original post RSS
      • 105. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
        kmccor Contributor

My listing brand is VRBO.

• 106. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
          u0999 Premier Contributor

Michael, I have received an email about SWITCHING to new in house payments and it has this about having ON TIME (not early, but ON TIME - let's be clear!) payments : " Our early payout program is in testing with thousands of owners and property managers. Eligible partners should expect an invite within 45 days. Start your upgrade now to be considered for the program."

So I have to wait 45 days to be MAYBE (or maybe not) switched to ON TIME payout?

• 107. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
            sward6880 Contributor

I have received no e mail from Yapstone 

But I have received two e mails from HA / VRBO.   The key sentence is not quite the same.

One says “Yapstone, your payment processor, is announcing it will discontinue Advanced Payments as a free service.".

The other says “Yapstone, your payment processor, has announced it has discontinued Advanced Payments as a free service.”

Both received today.   Both refer to an e mail from Yapstone ......  none received

Which one is correct ?

• 108. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
              feibus Senior Contributor

If the email you got looks like the one at the top of this thread, it's HAS DISCONTINUED.  Gone.  Done.

But based on some feedback in this thread, not everyone had gotten this email as of yesterday late.  My guess is everyone will get it by today.

• 109. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                higherground Contributor

So frustrating!! Completely uncompetitive with any other credit card processing company.  I can only hope this Yapstone sticking it to Vrbo for leaving their payment platform. I remain hopeful that Vrbo offers a payment processing plan at no more than 3% with payments to businesses at time of booking.

• 110. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                  georgygirl1955 Senior Contributor

also wondering.....

Does this entire Yapstone explanation really make sense to pay us after arrival ?

Yapstone shouldn’t even know when the guest checks in. ...according to everything we have been told for years,

Yapstone is ONLY a payment processor.

• 111. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                    grant570 Active Contributor

Seems from what I read we are getting different messages.   This was in my email, "We’re also working to finish our early payout program for eligible partners who move to our platform. Start your upgrade now to be considered for the program."

That says to me currently there is no early payout program, so you are SOL until we manage to either figure that out or actual decide to do that in some random future date that may or may not ever occur.

• 112. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

About 20% of the 500K listings on the new Vrbo Payments have been offered early payout.  It wasn't supposed to be "live" until end of year for everyone, but it appears they have responded to our distress and are opening it up to lots more people over the next 45-90 days instead of having to wait 120+.

• 113. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                        coho New Member

"Yapstone is a third party payment processor and separate company that manages their business independently of Vrbo. We can't dictate their business decisions."

But as the biggest elephant in the room, you can enforce agreements more easily than any individual owner can, and this clearly appears to be in violation of section 2.1 of the Yapstone TOS. What does the Yapstone - HA agreement say about notice for change in fees and terms? How poorly does it reflect on HA's management skills that they couldn't manage their relationship with a key (the key?) business partner any better than this? And how was this not a direct result of HA offering their own payment processing system, and how could they not see that HA has taken away Yapstone's incentive to play nice, and why wouldn't HA do something to make sure that HA takes some of the hit for this money-grabbing decision instead of owners, e.g. promise that there won't be fees for advance payments for a certain period ... a policy you could afford given that you're now getting Yapstone's cut and the float on monies held, on top of subscriptions and significant charges to both renters and owners?

What are we getting for ever-increasing fees besides CEO pay increases?

• 114. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                          khs Contributor

Yes I agree. When I read the long agreement it does not state this??? I am confused by the whole thing.

• 115. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                            higherground Contributor

Yes that's true! How does Yapstone know the checkin dates??

• 116. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                              erika Contributor

This is what the email I received this morning says: "Our early payout program is in testing with thousands of owners and property managers. Eligible partners should expect an invite within 45 days. Start your upgrade now to be considered for the program."

Nope. Offer early payment first, that would be a good incentive to switch. I cannot believe how rudely this is being handled, VRBO / HA. I have been a fan of this company for a long time.

Respect your property owners and give us advance pay before expecting us to switch. I have taken my listing off instant book and am exploring other options. This is really disappointing.

• 117. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                                khs Contributor

Yes, I too received "the advanced notice" just prior to my renewal. Interesting timing that Im sure was well planned.

• 118. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                                  ngretreat New Member

I'm in Canada and this is what I received this morning;

Yapstone, your payment processor, is announcing it will discontinue Advanced Payments as a free service. This feature released funds to you soon after a traveler paid. Your future payouts will be released to your bank account after a guest checks in.

We know that this is a big change for you and how you manage your business. We are coordinating with Yapstone to minimize any further disruptions to your payment experience.

Because payments are critical to your business, HomeAway and Expedia Group have built an upgraded payment option. We will notify you when you can upgrade to our new platform.

Thank you,
                                  Team HomeAway

• 119. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

I agree completely.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next