12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2019 7:02 PM by ohst8er RSS

Do you find these topics helpful?

amanda_ha HomeAway Employee

QandA_topics.png

Out of these 3 topics, which do you find the most helpful in Community and why?

Open ended questions

Product Information

Tips and Resources

• Re: Do you find these topics helpful?
          hmmmm Senior Contributor

Hard one as each has its own merit and value.  All 3 are vital to this forum.

I think its all important
          The goal for this forum.

• A place to not feel alone and to console an owner who has dealt with a difficult day of renters
          • Gain insights and support.
          • Get help with problems when CS does not have the answers or does not know how to proceed
          • To see what others are doing with their homes.
          • To offer support to newbies and oldies like me.
          • To learn about new products
          • A place to vent....appropriately

kssop New Member

For me my number one reason for checking in on the community is as scowol mentions to be notified of system problems, bugs, unannounced changes to the platform or information not found in the support pages.  After that I look for tips and resources.  Finally I just enjoy seeing through the eyes of other owners and how they handle situations that arise.

feibus Senior Contributor

Topics originated by whom?  HA marketing or other forum participants?

Participant issues are sometimes enlightening, more enlightening if the answer requires a mod to get involved.

Tips and resources and product information: isn't that what the discovery hub is for??

Every new posting to the discovery hub can be linked from here as a topic so that people can comment on it (since the discovery hub has no comments feature).  Every time the features update page or tax page get updated, that topic needs to get bumped to the top again.

amanda_ha HomeAway Employee

Hi feibus,

To answer your question, topics originated by HomeAway. Thank you for your feedback regarding Discovery Hub articles. We do aim to have Tips & Resources live on Discovery Hub but we like to share on Community because it gives owners a place to interact and learn from one another if they have additional tips or resources they personally use. If you want to leave feedback on any of the Discovery Hub articles, each article has a feature that allows you to leave feedback at the bottom of the page.

feedback.PNG

Thank you!

Amanda

HomeAway Marketing Manager

timthek Active Contributor

No. HomeAway initiated topics are mostly garbage, no offense. It is fluff or "tips" to improve your listing. Put that stuff somewhere else...maybe a guide of some kind for new owners. What is valuable are the owner insights that are constantly ignored....and the owner discovered bugs and changes that HomeAway makes.

What WOULD be helpful is if HA actually ANNOUNCED changes instead of just rolling them out.....then at least we could all go see what broke due to the changes. Also under the category of "helpful" would be if HA responded to repeat questions from owners here on the forums instead of ignoring them. Even if you don't have an answer you could still reply and acknowledge that you've seen a question.

linky17 Active Contributor

Organically generated (= by Owner), 'open-ended' questions are "most helpful."

(Way!) Too often, I find that that fellow Owners are first and foremost to: 1) Identify + isolate problems -- and -- 2) Proffer solutions … for us, the paying, "partner" folk (work-arounds), as well as for the edification of your "teams," whom (of course) are paid by Owners to deliver a fully-functioning platform.

We come here for h-e-l-p.

With real and (sadly) languishing problems + questions.

Answer + address/correct, please + in timely fashion.

(Edited)

ohst8er Premier Contributor

Open ended questions:   From someone who has started several FB pages over the year I find these open ended questions helpful to get a page STARTED, and to get people talking.  Perhaps those questions might be helpful for those people who are looking for something to talk about. 

Product info:  If you mean telling owners about new features that VRBO is rolling out, I think those would be best served by sending emails to the owners. 

Tips  and resources:  Good for newbies, so long as the tips make sense, and aren't encouraging things like making suggestions that actually go against lodging laws in certain areas .

greggt Senior Contributor

Like encouraging guests to roll in their Damage Deposits into their rates.

Encouraging owners to push the worthless insurance.

I could go on!

timthek Active Contributor

ohst8er wrote:

Open ended questions:   From someone who has started several FB pages over the year I find these open ended questions helpful to get a page STARTED, and to get people talking.  Perhaps those questions might be helpful for those people who are looking for something to talk about.

Product info:  If you mean telling owners about new features that VRBO is rolling out, I think those would be best served by sending emails to the owners.

Tips  and resources:  Good for newbies, so long as the tips make sense, and aren't encouraging things like making suggestions that actually go against lodging laws in certain areas .

So, to sum up your response... "No, they are not helpful"