8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2019 11:28 AM by linky17 RSS

Does HomeAway limit the number of refund transactions an owner may submit for the same reservation?

wildiris Active Contributor

I have never issued a cancellation refund before via HomeAway Payments, and I want to make sure that I don't "mess up."  Here's the background:  I have selected the "no refunds" option on Vrbo.  My actual refund policy (as stated in my rental agreement) is that I will issue a refund if I am able to re-rent the cancelled dates.  I have a guest who booked and paid in full through Vrbo.  He cancelled his reservation due to health problems.  I accepted his cancellation request and refunded his damage deposit.  I am hoping to be able to re-book his dates and issue a full refund to him.  If, however, I am unable to re-rent his dates, I will also refund his cleaning fee.

My question is:  Can I issue a partial refund of the amount of the cleaning fee now and then issue a refund of the balance of the entire amount at a later date if I am able to re-rent his dates?  Or does HomeAway limit the number of refund transactions that an owner can utilize for the same reservation?  I don't want to refund just the cleaning fee now and be precluded from issuing another refund at a later date if I can re-rent his dates.