14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2019 4:19 PM by erjomiller RSS

Bedroom and Bathroom order mixed up

erjomiller Contributor

I noticed when I was going through my listing tonight that the order of bedrooms and bathrooms has been mixed up from how I originally entered several years ago.  I've deleted and re-entered, but they still go out of order after the first few entries.  For example, I first entered the Master bedroom, then entered bedroom 2, bedroom 3, after I entered bedroom 4, the master bedroom dropped down below bedroom 3...same with the bathrooms.

I want to have the bathrooms listed in the same order as the bedrooms since they are ensuite.  I've tried to edit or re-enter both completely but they do not keep the same order as I enter them.  Anyone else having this?  Why would this have changed and why can't it be undone?  Thanks.

• Re: Bedroom and Bathroom order mixed up
          ohst8er Premier Contributor

Yes I have this same issue.  No it cannot be changed.  Yes it is frustrating.  It gets worse though, did you try looking up your listing on your smart phone?  NOTHING about bedroom details is showing on my iPhone. 

linky17 Active Contributor

Yep, same issue.  No clue as to why this was changed, nor why it hasn't been rectified.  In terms of a prospective Guest's first impression?  I liken this ding-****-y presentation to side-ways and upside-down photos.  Makes us all look … careless, to say the least. 

ashevillelookout Senior Contributor

Try putting the number first -

1 Bedroom - First Floor Master with King bed and en suite bath with spa tub

2 Bedroom - Second Floor Queen with en suite shower bath

3 Bedroom - Second Floor Children's Bunk Room

4 Bedroom - Lower Level King (Second Master) with en suite bath

The programmers probably put in some darn code that looks at the bedroom number instead of how we enter the information....

ha-moderator-amanda HomeAway Employee

Hi erjomiller, I've inquired with the appropriate teams to learn more about this, and to find out if there is a way to fix the issue. Once we know more, we will provide an update.

erjomiller Contributor

Hi Amanda,

Any progress on finding more about about the bedroom/bathroom order?  Our listing looks a little sloppy with the order being mixed up.

Also, I found out just today that VRBO doesn't keep attachments in the inbox for more than 7 days.  Is this accurate?  I receive signed rental agreements from most guests and had been keeping them on the system rather than printing them out.  Is there any way to get past agreements without asking the guests to re-send?  That seems like a bother to them.

Thanks.

jodi

margaret CommunityAmbassador

erjomiller  I don't know if attachments are only kept for 7 days, I have never sent or received an attachment through the dashboard. I have my RA sent directly to my email address. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it stored on the site.

ha-moderator-annalisa HomeAway Employee

Hello erjomiller we are still working on finding out more about the bedrooms/bathroom order mix up and if there is a way to fix the issue.

As for the attachments only being kept for 7 days, this has been the case for quite some time now. Even tho the attachment is not on your dashboard you should be able to view attachments at any time in the email notifications you receive in your personal email account.

ha-moderator-amanda HomeAway Employee

Hi erjomiller, thank you for your patience while we clarify the order in which bedrooms and bathrooms are displayed on your live listing. I've been advised that the ability to list the rooms in a specific order isn't available and I was told it has not come up in the past; however, it was been forwarded up the ladder so hopefully we see the ability granted for our partners in the near future. Personally, I have seen many listings that have the rooms in a specific order and it seems like a very simple request. In the meantime, it was suggested to delete all bedroom content in your dashboard and save it this way temporarily. Once the page refreshes after you hit the save button, try entering the bedrooms again in the order that you want them to appear; so for example, enter the details for the master bedroom first if you want the master bedroom to be at the top of the list, and so on. Another solution would be to leave the bedroom details blank in the section provided when you edit your property information, and instead include the details within your description so that you can decide the order in which they appear.