3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2019 10:39 AM by u0999 RSS

No bookings from booking . com?

u0999 Premier Contributor

Anyone else using b.com?

I thought it was going to be good to fill last minute gaps. Not counting silly book/cancel scenarios, I have ONE booking that is paid and will be stay between TWO properties and since last Fall.

I am managing it via ownerrez direct API.. based on  all the hoopla about b.com in industry publications I thought b.com was 'all that' bringing dozend of bookins. not so much apparently. ready to pull the plug after this lone reservation is done. Your experience?

• Re: No bookings from booking . com?
          margaret CommunityAmbassador

I get occasional bookings from BDC maybe 7 bookings in the past year. It is geared to hotels so it is not my favorite place to advertise. I know some owners get a lot from BDC but I wonder if they are listed in cities or business travel locations rather than beach, lake or mountain type vacation areas. A lot of people on the ABB forums seem to love BDC but many on ABB are in cities or offer shared spaces.

swlinphx Premier Contributor

Been with them almost two years now.  It takes a while getting used to and they made continuous improvements and changes to accommodate vacation rentals and not just hotels, but there is still a ways to go.  I could write a book with all my customer service exchanges and tweaks I've had to make.  But I it is worth it for two things:  It's the first site I've used with complete international exposure and great customer service; I've had guests from many more nations than ever. You can also choose to handle payments yourself or have them handle it like the other sites do.  I finally switched to the latter due to issues chasing payments, irresponsive travelers and fraudulent chargeback which I am not responsible for under their payment system.

Also, it is kind of interesting to see how hotels handle rooms and rates and inventory and apply some of that to vacation rentals too, and it's a nice break from the other U.S./Canadian sites.

u0999 Premier Contributor

well glad it works for you. My market is almost exclusively services US travelers so I am not really interested in international exposure. I do prefer handling payments myself, but since I have ownerrez api, there is no "chasing' it. it is either good or no good and then it auto cancels within a day. I guess it depends on the market, in my market b.com has proven to be a big nothing. will be canceling after this lone stay.