23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2019 8:55 PM by hmmmm RSS

My guests leave my place so clean, but my cleaning person still wants her whole fee...

linslair New Member

My guests leave my place so clean, but my cleaning person still wants her whole fee for only being there 1-2 hours. How do address this?

In the past, I had a cleaning person charge by the hour and so either, I kept the difference or in some cases I could give it back to the guest to encourage future stays. But, my current cleaning person, says she does the same things each time, regardless how they leave it. YET, she doesn't go above and beyond: like wiping out the oven each time, or scrubbing grout... or dusting window sills, even though she has the time to do it. She says these things are left for a periodic 'deep cleaning' which she will do only on occasion for $200! (my cabin is 600 sf). Her regular fee is $75. So, she is averaging $50/hour. She makes more than I do after I buy supplies, pay utilities, replace things, etc. Help! I don't know how to communicate these thoughts without angering her. Thank you!

This content has been marked as final.  Show 23 replies