16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2019 8:45 AM by gbpack5 RSS

Stop sending messages in my name

wkm2a Contributor

Can Homeaway PLEASE stop sending their automated messages with my name attached to them.  When they send out a message to a guest it should say it is from Homeaway....not me, UNLESS I SENT IT!!  Get this fixed....it is ridiculous that it is still an issue.  AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TEST THE CHANGE BEFORE PUSHING IT TO THE LIVE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And don't use whoever is currently testing stuff....that person should be fired immediately.

Also stop adding **** to our messages like "the dates you want are available", or "those dates are unavailable".  I have lost bookings because of this...  And I know there is a "workaround" for this...but I shouldn't have to do that...it should JUST WORK!

• Re: Stop sending messages in my name
          timthek Active Contributor

Been saying that for a long time.

ashevillelookout Senior Contributor

We asked in 2018.

We asked in 2017.

We asked in 2016.

We asked in 2015.

Get the picture?  I am very sorry, but HomeAway is going to send emails to your guests that appear to be from you, created by you, and signed by you.

That is why all of my emails to my guests now say "This is a personal email created, signed and sent by [my name], not an automated email from HomeAway".

As far as the Available/unavailable statements that appear on the reply emails (courtesy of HA), I send a separate "Let's Discuss Your Dates" reply from my business email to the inquirer BEFORE I click the reply email (pasting in the same reply text) from the dashboard (stopping that $%^& clock) so that I have a CHANCE of snagging the guest who is flexible on their dates and is trying to reach out to me without using the website "properly".  Yeah, it's a workaround.....

mtnmama3740 Contributor

I hadn't looked at this for so long because of my workaround, but I just reviewed the owner copies of payment request emails and don't see the owner signature anymore (and looking back at recent years it's been gone for some time.)  Just curious, what type of automated messages are you seeing your signature on?

Those were the ones that bothered me the most.  The guest had asked to delay payment a couple weeks, and the automated payment reminder email would go out with my signature on it.  I'd get a "But you said I could pay later!" reply from the guest.

ashevillelookout Senior Contributor

I don't see my owner name "signed"on the copy of the email that appears in my inbox.  However, I test the system frequently, and all off-platform bookings have my bogus email on them.  So, I get those emails as if I were the guest and can see what my guests receive. The automated messages sent by HomeAway DO have my name on them.

I have also had guests reply to my business email with a copy of the email that came via HomeAway, and my "name" is there. 

Thanks. I thought that was the case.

It is almost like HA is trying to HIDE it from owners that they are still signing our names by editing the signature out of the copy they send to us.

That's even more despicable if you ask me. At least before when they were unlawfully pretending to be me they would tell me. Now they are pretending to be me behind my back!

I haven't had a booking in a year....so I don't know for sure, but I thought I remembered someone posting that OUR view of the message didn't contain our name anymore but the guest's view did? Or maybe it was SOME messages didn't have the signature but others did. Maybe someone can share a recent message that shows it....

-Tim

wkm2a Contributor

They still put our names on all their automated emails...sometimes they will hide that they do this in the copy they send to us.  I am sure they want to hide it 100% of the time but again....incompetent software developers and no testing....so it isn't hidden on all of them.  And yes, it is disgusting how misleading they are.

gbpack5 New Member

I too am still experiencing several emails going out signed with my name.  It's an awful feeling - the emails are cold, impersonal and do not reflect in any way how I want to communicate with my guests.  I've used the feedback option more times than I can count, as that is what I'm told to do each and every time I mention it to customer service.  I'd just like for whoever is making this decision to view this issue from another perspective... imagine someone else sending out emails to your most important customers, the ones who can make or break your business.  And imagine you have no idea when the emails will go out, what the emails will say, how often they go out, but yet the emails are signed with your name.  I can't imagine anyone who would like that!?  

It seems like such an easy fix to remove the owner's name and I just can't understand the reasoning behind why this continues?