19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2019 4:26 PM by mtnmama3740 RSS

Having Computer Issues with Responding to Inquiries

kmcbhense Contributor

Hopefully someone on this board can help us out. Starting yesterday, when I click on any inquiry on the respond to inquiry, I get a screen with big Black "X's" and "Checkmarks" thru it. Its nothing at all like the screen I would normally see. I called in to CS, got the typical, clear your cookies response, and try a different operating system on your computer. Nothing changed. They transferred me to the tech department, and basically got the same assistance there with no resolution. I then went on my wife's laptop, and it came up the same way on hers as well.

So I think at this point it has to be something on the vrbo side of things, but they have been of no help. They said they can sign into my dashboard and it works for them. Does anyone out there have any helpful advice for us? We have 10 rental properties, and can't even send a response out to anyone, so we are definitely losing biz and VRBO really doesn't seem concerned.

• Re: Having Computer Issues with Responding to Inquiries
          scowol Active Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue, so it's not just you.   I tried two entirely different PCs, so it's a HA issue.  Hopefully more people also experiencing this will report the issue.  This is what I get when I try to click on my reservations list:   Just a jumble of links.

Capture.PNG

ohst8er Senior Contributor

Don’t click “respond to inquiry.”  Just respond in your email LIKE A REGULAR EMAIL.

feibus CommunityAmbassador

Is it just happening when you click to respond through the e-mail?  if so, report it using the feedback widget (since CS seemed uninterested) and try it by just going into your inbox and responding that way.  And if that doesn't work, try the mobile app.

scowol Active Contributor

What's interesting is that I just arrived at my office (different computer) and tried to access and get the same error.  I'm using Edge browser (yes, crap IMO, but that is the default work browser).  At home this morning I had the same issue, but was able to get the page to render using Chrome.

I reported the issue (not holding my breath because I know that these issues don't surface to the top of the fix list until there are multiple reports).

kmcbhense Contributor

What really upsets me....been a strong VRBO member for 10 years, and now all of a sudden they do changes that make it impossible for me to do business. Totally unprofessional in every way.

I've got a great friend, who was originally just one of our vacation renters. He has an IT company in Austin. He refuses to hire anyone that applies to his company this is from VRBO IT. No strong training program, and they basically have to just try to start all over with them. So they got too frustrated and now just don't hire anyone with that background!

We are now 2 days in, heading into a weekend, so we all know nothing additional will get fixed for at minimum 3 days more.

Sorry Erinn, but replying to just send an email direct is not the solution...Sure it might work temp wise, but lets actually fix the issue!

ohst8er Senior Contributor

kmcbhense Good morning!  Actually it wasn't Erinn that replied to "just send an email direct," it was me.  And you are right, it is not the solution.  BUT it seemed that what you needed was a method to respond to inquiries NOW, while the problem was being fixed and that indeed gives you the temporary solution you need.

I get your frustration.  My ISP seems to be about 10 years behind the times.  About 3 years ago we got fiber optics.  Fiber Optics has been around quite some time, but they had "just gotten around to it."  Randomly, different email servers will block my email without any warning or notice.   I find out when my daughter comes home from school asking why I have not been replying to any of the emails regarding senior year (what emails?)  or when the swim team communication just goes dark.   Then I have to reach out to the school or the swim team and ask them to "unblock" my email address, and it usually takes several discussions to get it to happen (did you check your spam folder? etc).

I switched to a Macbook many years ago, and have used Safari with no issue up until about 2 years ago.  I found that the VRBO owner's dash just hung and lagged and it was extremely frustrating.  I switched to google Chrome and had no issues.  Some people use Google, some use Firefox, some use Safari, etc etc. My laptop is currently asking me to perform an update...my point is I'm sure it's hard for companies to keep up and stay current with all the changes.

I'm not a techie, as you can tell I know none of the buzz words, and I don't have time to be one.  When something fails that I need RIGHT NOW, and I have to rely on someone else to fix it, my first notion is to always find a work around.  I found this workaround (emailing directly) a few years ago when the VRBO owner's dash kept hanging up in Safari, and I use it always to respond to inquiries, because it has proven to always be fail safe.  Use it, or not.  Your choice of course!  We're all here to help each other out. 

ashevillelookout Senior Contributor

Today, HomeAway Premier Customer Support told me that  EDGE is not a supported browser.