6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2019 1:20 PM by susaninrehoboth RSS

How to handle a remodel?

kiawahbill Contributor

I'm looking for input from the community on how to handle informing already booked guests about the interior remodel we currently have underway. 

Some background, we started out with the plan of replacing the family room furniture and somehow ended up remodeling the whole house.  These things happen i guess So far we've booked 19 weeks this year.  All of these bookings are based on the old pictures (see here https://www.vrbo.com/75155).  We blocked off our calendar thru early March when the work will be completed.  We of course will have the house re-shot and post the updated pictures then.

The interior work includes:

- painting all rooms

- Bedrooms - new bedding and pictures

- Kitchen  - cabinets painted, new counters, backsplash, oven hood

- Family room - new furniture, wood trim installing on ceiling and bookshelves, stone and new mantle on fireplace

Our plan is to send emails to our 2019 guests once the work is finished.  I've attached some pictures of the work in progress so you have an idea of what I'm talking about.  Hopefully, guests will see this as a positive, the house will be majorly upgraded.  That said, they booked based on the old pictures...

Please let me know your thoughts.  Thanks!

New Family Room.jpg

New Kitchen.JPG

This content has been marked as final.  Show 6 replies