2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2019 2:00 PM by twobitrentals RSS

ABB guest just tried to book for one night.......thank God for the owners reviews...

twobitrentals CommunityAmbassador

So, Just got a booking request for 1 night for 4 adults. In reading the reviews of these guests from other owners made my decline very easy. They are a traveling band and while most of the reviews stated they were clean and respectful, one stated that their 2 dogs left sticky mess on the beds. Their response was to blame the owner for the home being that way prior to their arrival. Another review talked about the bus being difficult to park WHAT?????? BUS??? I have absolutely NO room for two large dogs, and certainly NOT A BUS!!!

PLEASE HA provide owners reviews, not just bubbles, but actual reviews prior to reservation. This was a quick and easy decision for me and allows them to find an appropriate place for them, their dogs and their BUS!

• Re: ABB guest just tried to book for one night.......thank God for the owners reviews...
          timthek Active Contributor

Why would they want to implement a feature that would cause you not to take a booking?

From their perspective that would cost them money. YES = Money. No = No Money.

It doesn't matter that the booking would be bad for YOU the owner.

• Re: ABB guest just tried to book for one night.......thank God for the owners reviews...
              twobitrentals CommunityAmbassador

They would want to implement a feature like this to weed out the bad guests, but in this case.....like I said most reviews were positive, but their 2 large dogs and BUS were not going to work for my home in a residential neighborhood with no where to park it. I would think that these guests would appreciate a quick response so that they can find another property (tonight) on the way to their venue.

So, while you see it as a negative for them, (HA)... It really isn’t.....it is a streamlined approach to getting the guest into a property that works for them, and the owner quickly makes a decision for them to do just that???

I See it as a definite win/win for HA/GUEST/OWNER

Edited to add: HA would NOT lose any money as the guest would simply book another property and their ability for providing information to both guest and owner makes for smooth guest transaction, without impacting an owner negatively. Can you imagine these guests having to park their bus miles away and having to walk to my home? That would not bode well for me,them or HA!

Again, I request that HA follow ABB and provide all reviews from. Past stays and any other information that helps make a quick and easy determination for both guest and owner.