I don't usually share things like that, but I'll do a little bragging. I went skiing with my kids (and, yes, stayed in a place booked through HA)...
Taken near the top of Copper Peak at about 12,400 ft above sea level. The sharp-looking peak to the right is Jacque Peak at 13,200 ft. Now, let's ski down...
What I learned that applied to my rental was put into my thread about designer fails. Not sure if we'll return to that rental (not because of the designer fails, but because it was a bus ride to get to decent food).
Aww, homeaway_community_manager, I never get an actual vacation!
1) installed a new dishwasher with an express function to make my cleaners' lives easier
2) replaced some old furniture with new leather chairs
3) looked at some real estate
4) touched up paint in 2 units
5) added safety and no smoking signage
6) took video of 2 units for new videos
7) took pics of new furniture and exterior to update listings
8) fixed the garage door
9) hit the POW almost every day! at least for a couple of runs
10) ate out a ton so I can write restaurant reviews
Our vacation rental experience was also discussed on the "designer fails" thread. Probably would not return to that specific vacation rental and it is listed on VRBO and has gotten some great reviews from other guests. But the town of Prescott was fabulous for the holidays. Hope to move there soon…keeping fingers crossed.
...The Lighting of the Courthouse in Prescott, AZ