46 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2018 6:10 PM by green_mango RSS

Premiere Partner - Poof?!

green_mango Active Contributor

I was a Premiere Partner.  Now my dashboard metrics say, "Keep improving to become a Premiere Partner" and when I click the scorecard I have green checkmarks by all 5 requirements, so just wondering if there's a glitch? 

When I search for my listing and use the PP filter, I do not come up - but plenty of other "new" listings with no reviews (listed by Vacasa) pop up - I remember seeing those would be phased out and PP will be awarded to individual listings, but I guess that hasn't kicked in yet - just frustrating to see them come up and not my own listing.

• Re: Premiere Partner - Poof?!
          ohst8er Premier Contributor

Here's the criteria.  Did you hit them all?  If so, you might want to give CS a call...

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 6.21.45 PM.png

Next assessment:February 2019

Use this scorecard to track this listing’s metrics against the five criteria below.

We assess Premier Partner status on a quarterly basis and take into account performance from all your listings for the last 365 days.

If you earn Premier Partner status you’ll earn the listing badge on your qualifying properties.

margaret CommunityAmbassador

This is a topic on FB. Apparently there are other owners seeing this issue as well as other issues on their listings. I had all of my reviews missing as did every listing I checked in my areas earlier but they are all back now. I assumed it was a glitch due to the update to the review filter that you posted about. Often when updates are done glitches crop up.

greggt Senior Contributor

Not really true, on Panama City Beach if it is a property managed by Wyndham/Resort Quest you are deemed a Premiere Partner no matter what. With zero reviews, average two stars, you are a Premiere Partner. I can't speak for other areas but on our beach Resort Quest Rentals are normally pretty sad.

Here I thought they were going to fix this so being a PP actually meant something. Even requiring only three reviews is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Here's my current scorecard...

Interestingly on the main metrics screen it's trying to calculate my "earnings paid out" this year, but it can't because I'm Alternative Payments, so maybe that's thrown a wrench in things?

PastedGraphic-14.png

ohst8er Premier Contributor

this has to be a glitch.  The last review was Nov, next is Feb, and you check all the boxes.  Call CS. 

I tried the Premier Partner line and the info I got was not very helpful - the rep confirmed that my listing has Premier Partner enabled, but the very next thing out of his mouth was, "You don't have HA payments, would you like to enable?"  Over and over he repeatedly asked me to turn on HA payments, claiming this would solve the problem. 

He said my Premier Partner badge won't show until I enable HA payments.  Really?  It showed before - so why not today?

He said that HA payments are "not a requirement, but needed to restore the badge"  Really?  That sounds like a requirement to me.  I asked him to show me where it says HA payments are a requirement for PP and he just rattled off the scorecard info, nothing about HA payments, and then added like a side note, oh yes, and HA payments too.  Great, but where can I see that info?  I can't see that info. 

He checked with a supervisor and confirmed that "HA payments is what you are missing."

I asked him to escalate and he said they will do that and they will reach out to me within 48 hours. 

I am so tired of this continual pressure to sign up for HA payments - Yapstone is a disaster.  On the rare occasion that I call with an issue, every agent seems to want to solve it by signing me up for HA payments.  No thank you, I'm not interested. 

Erinn homeaway_community_manager do you have any info about this?  On my metrics dashboard it looks like VRBO is trying to calculate my earnings paid and that's causing a problem, as they haven't paid me any earnings.  However, I've never heard that HA payments is a requirement for Premiere Partner.  The customer service agent agreed it showed that I had PP enabled - I *just* need to enable HA payments to restore the badge.  If he's right, that's BS.  If he's wrong, I'm tired of hearing this BS about needing HA payments each time I call about a different issue.  If you have any insight I'd be most appreciative - thanks so much!

Oh, and for what it's worth another user with Alternative Payments is also experiencing the same issue, so I think we've found the "glitch" - I'm optimistic Erinn can work her magic and get it fixed so that we can continue being Premier Partners and use our APs until the end of our subscriptions

u0999 Premier Contributor

"but plenty of other "new" listings with no reviews (listed by Vacasa) pop up" - hosted by vacasa - that's your answer.

homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi green_mango,

We're looking into this and we'll get back to you.  To set expectations, I will be out of office tomorrow through January 2, returning January 3, so if I don't get an answer today it will be when I return before I post. Thank you.

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager

Thank you homeaway_community_manager - I really hope we can get this fixed before next month  

The new announcement about APs not being available for travelers is a little confusing - appears to impact only owners who offer both options (feibus), but what about owners like me who have online booking but not HA payments?

Hi green_mango,

Your listing is actually not eligible for Premier Partner as you are not online bookable with online payments (HomeAway Payments).  See this article, specifically:

If you have 1 property:

If you have 1 property, your property needs to meet all of these criteria over a 365-day period:

NEW HA ICONS.png

Your property must also have enabled online payments and online booking in order to be eligible for the Premier Partner Program. Your property will display a Premier Partner badge in search results as long as it meets all of the eligibility criteria. Since you're taking payments via alternative payments only, then your listing is not eligible. To be clear, your account became Premier Partner before being online bookable with online payments was a requirement. Now that we've moved over to listing level rather than account level badging, your actual listing is not eligible.

Thank you.

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager

Thank you homeaway_community_manager

Now that VRBO has moved over to listing level rather than account level badging, and I've lost my badge because I refuse to use Yapstone, when will the rest of the account level listings that don't individually qualify for PP in my area lose their status as well?  It's frustrating to filter by PP in my search area and see several "NEW" listings with Vacasa that have ZERO reviews and are listed as Premiere Partner.  If you're going to change the rules, please change them for everyone. 

green_mango,

We're working on removing it across all listings, the larger accounts will take longer. We appreciate your patience while we work through the process.

Erinn

When I filter for Premiere Partner in my area it looks like 50% of listings flying the badge don't qualify just based on reviews alone (or lack thereof). 

How about VRBO starts with those guys instead of us little ol' owners with Alternative Payments, great reviews, and owners who are committed to making every guest stay amazing - my cleaner just chopped down a tree from her own yard for our Christmas guests - now that's an example of an amazing experience for a guest! 

scottr Active Contributor

Although the promise was that PP would be per listing, as represented here, the implementation is that a Property Manager only needs to have 51% of their properties in compliance, as explained here. Both are current docs, so obviously the PMs complained, and got their way. 

I'm so confused!

"For example: Let’s say you have 100 properties, 50 of which have gotten at least 5 bookings and 3 reviews. At least 26 (over 51%) of those 50 properties would need to meet the program criteria before you would receive an invitation to become a Premier Partner. Those 26 properties would also display a Premier Partner badge in search results as long as they meet the program criteria."

This isn't saying that "NEW" listings with ZERO reviews automatically get Premier Partner badge, is it?  It sounds like they still need to meet the program criteria....?

Erinn already gave the correct answer here, but today my "escalated" response to my original phone call came via email and it's just so wrong it's almost comical:  VRBO said I'm not a Premier Partner simply because I never accepted the pledge & next time it's offered, I should accept it if I would like to be a Premier Partner. 

I replied with my screen shot of email from July congratulating me on being Premier Partner, but it's all a moot point since I'm choosing to keep Alternative Payments instead of being a Premier Partner....

ashevillelookout Senior Contributor

A wise decision.  I would gladly give up Premier Partner in order to use Alternative payments. In fact, I think that Alternative Payments should be a PERK given to homeowners who have attained Premier Partner status....I would swim through a sea of sharks and HomeAway programming for alternative payments and no Yapstone.

georgygirl1955 Senior Contributor

poof !

So sorry -

.... In my eyes you are as Premier as it can get.

Aw, thanks georgygirl1955

Thankfully many of my guests agree too, and I suppose that's what truly matters. 

There can't be *that* many of us with Alternative Payments left - would it really be so awful to let us be PP if we qualify?  I guess they'd rather have Vacasa and Evolve listings with no reviews be showcased as PP, so I give up.

twobitrentals CommunityAmbassador

I asked if reservations from other platforms or repeats directly to me counted as bookingsfor PP. I was told NO that only bookings through HA payments counted and so I am surprised that you had PP in the past. I agree that it should be based on guest rating alone and not HA payments. I am still NOT pp and have 91 5 stars and 1 4 star reviews.......maybe in February, I will be considered, maybe not if more of my guests book direct. I think a property and owner should be rated on their performance alone with guests and not the number of payments made through a specific platform. I would also like to put my reservations on the HA platform without an e-mail and a payment request going to them.

My VRBO reservations go through the system - that's why it's so frustrating - my VRBO guests pay the service fee, and the bookings count towards my metrics - versus someone without online booking at all, where there aren't any metrics etc. so PP can't be awarded.  A lot of CS reps confuse online booking and HA payments and literally aren't aware there are still owners with online booking and alternative payments - I've had my listing taken down twice for mentioning APs in my listing (it's helpful for guests to know they pay VRBO the service fee and then pay me the rent).  I'm just not a fan of being penalized for not using the worst payment processor ever

For what it's worth, I add reservations on the HA platform just by blocking and adding a note - or if you want to create an actual reservation just use a toss away junk email address so you don't have emails going to your guest.