5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2018 1:25 PM by swlinphx RSS

airbnb plus photos

linkybo Contributor

Hi everyone,

I was signed up for an airbnb plus "inspection" tomorrow and they called today to confirm. Some background info, I've had professional photos taken and it's a beach house and it's December now. One of their rules is you MUST use their photographs, even if they aren't as good as yours. It's dark and dreary now and my photos are blue skies and sun. So I cancelled my inspection and told them I won't be part of their plus program until that rule is changed. Meanwhile I've blocked my house for the day and drove 4 1/2 hours so I could be present for the inspection tomorrow.

Just want to let everyone know who is considering becoming an airbnb plus listing, their photos are required on your listing.

• Re: airbnb plus photos
          margaret CommunityAmbassador

I think you may have made the right decision. There have been multiple owner complaining about the photos that the ABB Plus photographers are taking for this program. Several owners have posted the photos on ABB forums and I have to agree that the photos are not great.

swlinphx Premier Contributor

Good to know, thank you!

twomoreyears Senior Contributor

Lots of noise on other forums about the Plus program being rather crummy.  Reports are that you cannot choose which photos are used for your listing - taking even more control away from you.

swlinphx Premier Contributor

Yeah, I just got a call from a real estate photographer saying he is applying to be a photographer for their program. He has done photos for us in the past and asked to come back to do more (at no charge to us this time) for his portfolio to submit to the program. He says they now have strict rules on angles and method used to photograph each property.  Sounds like you do indeed give up a lot of control with AirBnB Plus.  I don't think I'm willing to do that.