3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2018 5:55 PM by sonenalpmammoth RSS

Anyone else get this?  Lift My Listing: Vacation Home Makeover Edition

ohst8er Senior Contributor

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 1.55.30 PM.png

• Re: Anyone else get this?  Lift My Listing: Vacation Home Makeover Edition
          moosebigd Contributor

Yes, we received an invitation for ideas for a home makeover, but will not accept the offer.  We are content with our condo and the majority of our reviews indicate that it is very comfortable for our guests, as well. 

u0999 Premier Contributor

From typical 'advice" even posted in this forum previously and "designer" shows I have concluded that all these designers know how to decorate for a magazine photo or some perfect people who do not live in a house, do not eat, do not cook or sit on furniture. Fragile accessories, knick knacks, light colored fabric furniture etc. Which, IMO,  may look nice in photos or staging  but won;t work or last in a rental situation  where people sleep, cook, have too many adult beverages, eat, have suntan lotion on them, spill sodas, coffee, beer or ketchup,  drop stuff and not wipe it up. where babies have accidents etc. 

So I have basically learned to skim over that "advice" and stick with what I know works. I.e no white/light upholstered furniture, no carpets, no accessories that can be broken or be taken as souvenirs , artwork that i have is screwed/nailed /fastened to the walls,  no glass tables. etc etc. 

sonenalpmammoth Active Contributor

I did, and I RSVPd.

We want to re-do our master baths ... thinking to take out the tub/shower and replace with glass enclosed steam shower. I'm interested to hear what the experts have to say about that.