8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2018 9:23 AM by homeaway_community_manager RSS

Partner Success Manager - MIA

wkm2a Contributor

So I got contacted by my "partner success manager" a while ago.  She told me to contact her with any questions or concerns I had.  I have contacted her twice now in the past month and have received nothing back...basically asked the exact same question both times with two weeks in between.

Has anyone else had this issue or do you have open lines of communication with your "manager"?

Thanks!

• Re: Partner Success Manager - MIA
          ohst8er Senior Contributor

HI wkm2a, here's a lengthy thread on this very topic..  Re: Partner Success Manager

wkm2a Contributor

Sorry but that didn't really answer my issue at all....my manager is completely non-responsive.  Not sure if she just doesn't respond to emails, has been fired, or quit...I have the number 1 property in my region...would think perhaps I could get some simple questions answered...or at least an email acknowledging that they are looking into it for me.  I am pretty unimpressed.

ohst8er Senior Contributor

wkm2a, sorry that thread was of no help to you.  Here's what I would say:

#1 having the #1 property in your region means you are already head and shoulders above ANY advice the parter success manager will give you.  Their info is limited to things that are already discussed at length both on discovery hub AND have been discussed many times on this very forum. 

#2 the partner success manager knows NOTHING about your own area.  That to me is very disappointing, and made me feel that the whole process was a complete waste of time for anyone other than a newbie just getting their feet wet in VRBO land.

If it were me, I would do TWO things.  #1, call CS and ask them this very question, and see if they have any insight as to who what where your PSM is, and if they have no info, ask if you can be reassigned to someone else.  Prepare to be disappointed with your answer, though hopefully I will be wrong on this one.  The second thing I would do is pose your question here in community, perhaps in a new thread.   There is a depth of knowledge on this forum that in many ways far surpasses what a CS rep or the PSM can ever give you.   Hope THIS helps you.     And to your last sentence, I was pretty unimpressed, too. 

twomoreyears Senior Contributor

Our "Success Manager" was difficult to reach, too.  She did leave her phone number, and was more responsive to phone messages than to my emails.

She had no useful advice for us, either.  If you participate in the forum and read the on-line help, you'll have the same information they do.

If you have a specific question, you could post it here and one of us might be able to help. 

homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi wkm2a,

We've reached out to your PSM and asked them to reach out to you. Thanks!

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager