3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2018 1:58 PM by homeaway_community_manager RSS

Adding a property

harrytammie Contributor

Nothing ever changes regarding talking to someone who actually knows the answers. Different reps, different answers.

When adding a property to an existing account, can a separate deposit account be used? Can a separate email be used? Are there marketing discounts?

I want to avoid just plain starting a separate and new account to avoid the 30 day hold on money.

Thank you

• Re: Adding a property
          hill5185 CommunityAmbassador

Welcome to the community

Don't know of any "marketing discounts" being offered by HA for owner's with existing listings. Frequently during the HA Summit incentives have been offered for new listings.

If you currently have an account and have processed payments through the HA preferred vendor you may apply directly with Vacation Rent Payments to release the hold. It's my understanding the "same" deposit account must be used. This is my personal experience when I added a "new" listing to my account.

Good Luck !

edited to add this comment from a previous discussion:

Call Vacation Rent Payments and request to be approved for advance payments. There is an application process and specific criteria for qualifying.

VRP #

866-210-6106

feibus CommunityAmbassador

Edited to remove all the incorrect information I posted

homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi harrytammie,

Let's get your questions answered!

When adding a property to an existing account, can a separate deposit account be used?

When you create a new listing under a current account the system you will have the option to add a new/different bank account. You'll have to chose to select that option, it will default to the current account.

Can a separate email be used?

You can use a different email address to receive inquiries to a different email address. Here's how.

Are there marketing discounts?

We do not offer discounts on new listings.

I want to avoid just plain starting a separate and new account to avoid the 30 day hold on money.

You would need to talk to Yapstone about this. You can reach them at 866-210-6106, they're available 24/7/365.

Thank you.

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager