10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2018 7:19 AM by homeaway_community_manager RSS

Post Guest Comment Feature

jwdw Contributor

Has anyone ever used the Post Guest Comment feature from the Reviews dashboard? I posted comments from a guest using this feature (they tried to post a review without success - long story) and I can see it from dashboard but it has never posted publicly. Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge of this? I did post this 9 days ago so maybe its a matter of waiting for a certain amount of time to pass....

• Re: Post Guest Comment Feature
          homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hey jwdw,

Per the Help Portal, Guestbook comments are supposed to appear in your owner profile section. I looked and see that the one you submitted on 6/21 isn't there. Let me investigate and I'll get back to you.

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager

jwdw Contributor

homeaway_community_manager Eriinn -

I received a note from VRBO that what I submitted was a duplicate of review 22471569  - which is the review we had discussed previously that could not be found. When I looked at my online reviews I did not see it, but it must be there somewhere. Maybe with a number you can now track it down. I have depleted my post of the same content. Let me know what you find - thanks - Jeff

Hi jwdw,

I had our production team looking at the reviews because of your original post. It was rejected on accident. There were multiple duplicates that were rejected though. Also, I'm being told that for now the owner submitted reviews feature has been eliminated. I have passed on feedback that owners are missing this feature.  Please understand that when we launched the new property display pages things were eliminated that were being utilized less than 10% of the time, owner submitted reviews fell into that category.

If your traveler is having issues submitting their own review, please have them reach out to our customer support team. Thank you.

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager

jwdw Contributor

homeaway_community_manager Thank you Erinn,

So a few things - #1 I would not have tried to submit an Owner review if the original review from my guest had been posted  - I think the review from the guest is much more valuable. So elimination of that feature is fine by me. The head scratcher is why its still on the site and apparently active?

#2 - Can I get that "accidentally rejected" review 22471569  posted? It appears my guest did not have trouble posting the review as I had speculated  when we first communicated on this.  I'm sure they tried to submit it again as I requested them to based on your feedback. - which led to multiple submissions. I have notes from VRBO that my owner entry was rejected because its a duplicate of 22471569. So if 22471569 is still visible to VRBO  - why can't it be posted?

#3 -  Where do all of these policy and site changes get communicated to owners? It seems more things are "discovered" by people here on communities than proactively communicated by the company

Thanks - Jeff

Hi jwdw,

1. We made changes to the external facing site and have not changed the owner side to match as of yet. We didn't want to remove any features from the owner dashboard until we were sure the choices we made were the right ones.

2. The rejected review was approved after the mistake was made, the rejected review was one that you had submitted, not the traveler. We don't see one from the traveler in this case.

3.  We share big changes in the "recent updates" section of the Discovery Hub, I shared that new feature previously here on the community.  As I stated previously, changes we made to the property display page have low engagement and therefore we did not feel that we needed to notify everyone that "Hey, we removed a feature you likely weren't using anyhow."  Thanks!

Erinn

susaninrehoboth Premier Contributor

My 2 cents worth: There is very little value to owner entered guest comments because there is no verification. Owner can enter anything, claiming it's from the guest book or email.

sonenalpmammoth Active Contributor

homeaway_community_manager and all you smart owners out there -- I still show 'post guest comment' as a possibility on at least one of my listings so I tried it. Posted a review last Friday. Of course, I could only post the text of the review, not a star rating. The comment is still visible at the top of the list of reviews in my dashboard, but is not visible on my public reviews.

Any idea what the issue might be?