5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2019 1:13 PM by soybeanpod RSS

Changing currency

I can't seem to get anyone over the phone and I am a Premier Partner! We recently changed the bank payout to a USD account but are not able to change the currency of our rates to USD. When I called support last week, they said give it a few days. They also said it's a known problem. I want to post our rates in USD. Anyone have advice on how we can do that?

• Re: Changing currency
          homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi casapelicano,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry that you were told that. I suspect when they said "it's a known issue" they were referring to Canadian travelers, who are using the US sites, thinking the rates are Canadian dollars. But of course I cannot speak for them.

The currency you see in your owner dashboard correlates to the location of your bank. If your bank is in Canada (even if it's a USD funded account) your rates in your dashboard will be in Canadian dollars.  This is not something you can change. There are regulations in all sorts of countries that require us to display rates this way. It's not a decision we made arbitrarily.  Thank you.

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager

But the bank IS IN THE USA.

homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi casapelicano,

Ahh! That makes a difference. You said "We recently changed the bank payout to a USD account" Based on that statement, I thought you had one of those unique Canadian bank accounts that are funded in USD even though it's a Canadian Bank. Like I know Scotia Bank and Royal Canadian Bank have those types of accounts.

Let me see what I can do. I'll be DM'ing you.

Erinn

nmagno New Member

Hello we live in Canada with a listing for a property in Naples, Florida.

We initially set up our payment account to be a CDN denominated bank account located in Canada (RBC Royal Bank)

We have now decided we would like to set up a USD denominated bank account located in the United States (RBC Bank USA)

We filled out the "HomeAway Payments Bank Change Form" and then received an email that in order to change (as per our preferences above) that our payment account would have to be de-activated and then we would have to "re-apply"....which is fine.

The issue arises.....when we are now trying to set up our NEW banking info (since our previous payment account was deactivated).......we are not provided the option of United States for the question "I conduct my banking in"...........the default option and ONLY option is Canada.

So we have no other option except for Canada.......which puts us back to how we had this initially

I have corresponded and called VRBO, HomeAway Payments + Yapstone at least a dozen times over the past week and still have no solution and the service is less than terrible.

PLEASE HELP

soybeanpod Contributor

We set up an account at TD Bank N.A. which is a subsidiary of Toronto-Dominion Bank but is based in the US. We were able to have our VRBO listing in US dollars and setting this up with VRBO went surprisingly smoothly. I can wire transfer rent in $US from the US bank to my $US account in Canada without a fee. I will probably get audited some day, but for now it works.