10 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2017 7:49 PM by u0999 RSS

Anyone using IntesisHome for AC remote control.?

rjstroebel New Member

I've been operation 2 VR's in La Jolla, CA for a few years and just recently had AC ductless installed in one and was also sold IntesisHome WiFi AC controller.

Looking for comments from anyone who is using IntesisHome WiFi controller and how you like it and how you programed it for your AC.

My concerns

- Leaving the handheld remotes that came with the Fujitsu AC unit in the rental presents a problem of loss, damage, theft. (Cant be glued or nailed down) Has a cradel that can be screwed in wall but remote comes out as its a hand held.

- How did you program the User.Intesishome.com interface so it delivered what you wanted.?

- If I remove the handheld remotes and program climate in the rental and its not what guest want I could face the ultimate penalty.... The infamous "NEGATIVE REVIEW."..

• Re: Anyone using IntesisHome for AC remote control.?
          u0999 Premier Contributor

cannot advise you on the wifi control, but in my experience handheld remotes are just asking to be lost or destroyed. I have electric fireplaces with remotes - I removed all remotes from the VR and if guests need to control the fireplaces, they have to manually push buttons.

I would contact manufacturer (Fujitsu) and ask if they have a wall-mount integrated controls that can be hardmounted to walls(not a cradle) option.

Another option - consider velcro-ing remotes to the cradles and mounting cradles to the wall (like a wall mount thermostat). they sell these really strong velcro coins Amazon.com: VELCRO Brand - Industrial Strength - 1 7/8" Coins, 4 Sets - Black: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

twobitrentals CommunityAmbassador

I Don't think you have to worry about it. There are remotes for tvs, radios, etc. However, for my garage door remote...I have it in my contract that if the remote is lost or removed that there will be a $100.00 withheld from their deposit for replacement. It has NEVER in 7.5 years been lost. I also include this language in my welcome letter and it is in the house book. My cleaning lady checks when she cleans to make sure that it is there and lets me know when she is done cleaning.

I think you need to find out how much to replace and make that the cost plus any programming time to replace if lost or removed.

My cost Is the replacement and the additional time for someone to come and re-program the garage door.

if a kid loses or misplaces a remote, you may get a $100 from deposit- but will it help you getting a  new remote in time for net check in?

twobitrentals CommunityAmbassador

Then buy two and have one put away so that it can be used in the meantime, while a replacement is forthcoming. Like I said none of my guests have wanted to be charged the $100.00 and so (knock on wood) there has not been an issue  and just think this is something that during their visit they actually remove and put in their auto while there??? I do have blue painters tape in the garage with the words replace garage door opener here which they probably see every time they walk in the house sooooooo.

I can't really answer your question. Maybe have the remote on a shelf high enough that a child can't reach it???

I can see it can work with one important remote (like garage one) - there is only one, and you'd immediately know if it is missing. I had a couple TV remotes gone missing - housekeeping does not check every remote in every room every time they clean, so I only find out about it after the fact and not even sure which exact guest "did it". But a generic TV remote is $5 in  a nearest dollar store. I would be a bit worried about losing a minislpit remote. hence my wall mount/Velcro suggestion.  Adding the "$100 penalty" to contract will help too

rjstroebel New Member

Bingo.!

I've lost too many tv and TWC remotes as they take them home, wrap them up in towels then into the laundry or just steal them. Steal.?? Guests never steal, my bad....

Going to test NOT having the handhelds in the rental and configure Intesishome to keep it at say 72 through out the daylight hours. If they want it lower\higher\off, they call and I flip a bit online.

Thanks

rjstroebel New Member

Thank you for your comments. - Charging for a replacement vs not having it available for the next guest as it may take 5-7 biz days to arrive is an issue too.

After speaking with Fujitsu sales, there is a hard wired wall mounted Wifi system avail but between parts and labor around $700-$900 as units have to be opened up to the board level and wired. They say its an all day event.

Going to remove handheld remotes, configure Intesishome wifi control and if they want it lower they just call and we log in and lower it

sage Senior Contributor

The IntesisHome website  has no privacy policy. A search of the site for the term "privacy" yeilds "Sorry, no results were found." One must therefore assume that it will be collecting all manner of personal data and exploiting that in any and every way it deems beneficial to itself. Using this product would expose a great deal of personal information. I would not go near it.