Should Homeaway/VRBO only show listings within a reasonable distance from the area of interest or go as far out as several hundred miles or sevaeral  hours away.

Visibility: Open to anyone

Extremely disappointed with regards to how the last few of months HomeAway/VRBO shows listings when someone clicks onto my specific town, city, and location when looking for a vacation rental. In my case I have vacation rentals in Boyne Falls Michigan. Depending on when typically the last 10 years there are about 30-50 vacation rentals in Boyne Falls or the immediate area. A few months ago to my astonishment  while checking my property listings as it shows up on HomeAway I noticed over 600 listings when clicking on Boyne Falls. WOW what an increase such that there was no way this could of all a sudden happen. When looking into this further I noticed the increased number of listings for Boyne Falls, MI was due to 550-580 listings not even in the area, several to hundreds of miles or hours away from Boyne Falls. At this time VRBO showed only the rentals (30-50) in the Boyne Falls area or close by. I called HomeAway because this makes no sense because travelers wouldn’t want to head up to an attraction and stay hours away from it and it makes an owners add for a specific area much much harder to find because the exhaustive search a traveler would need to do to find your add. I was told it was a technical glitch and would be resolved. I’ve been checking ever since and now not only does HomeAway show listing hundreds of miles away from Boyne Falls but so does VRBO. I called again and was told to send feedback to them because the person I talked to couldn’t do anything about it. Why are they doing this to the property owners and travelers it makes no sense. I’ve noticed a drop in inquiries because of this.

Poll Results
  • Only show properties within the community the property is in (0%)
    0/0
  • Show properties several hours or hundreds of miles away from the property (0%)
    0/0

Comments

Archive Poll

Confirm archive of Should Homeaway/VRBO only show listings within a reasonable distance from the area of interest or go as far out as several hundred miles or sevaeral hours away.

Archiving expires a poll and removes it from the active polls list.

To restore an archived poll, edit the poll, change the dates as desired, and save the poll.

Delete Poll

Warning: This will delete the poll and all of its comments.