1 42 43 44 45 46 Previous Next 675 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2014 5:11 PM by dhf0820 Go to original post RSS
      • 675. Re: Your Solutions Now Needed! log-in to dashboard to respond to inquiries.
        Senior Contributor

I take the time to read EVERY review, not just the ones on the front page

Agreed, but I think that many people weight recent reviews much stronger than reviews deeper down on different screens.

these are PMs, not owners.  Do you think they really care about one negative review for one property to spend the time to make up fake reviews? 

Again agreed, but I am talking more about a level playing field.

Also it is in the general context of a blackmail review where there is not cash-threatening evidence provided whereby HA would be willing to remove a single bad review.

PMs have the luxury of burying a single bad review if they so desire.  It isnt relevant if they choose to act on this option regularly or not.

It just seems odd that owners are what brings value to VRBO and HA, as travelers have the illusion that they are dealing exclusively with owners.

And then owners are treated like 2nd class citizens when it comes to the review process, which is our mini JD Powers and can make or break our business.

• 676. Re: Your Solutions Now Needed! log-in to dashboard to respond to inquiries.
          swlinphx Premier Contributor

Keep in mind there are PMs who are not big companies that manage huge blocks of units.  Many PM's are more like owners themselves.  They may own some and manage some as a favor for out-of-town owners like we do all in the same complex.  It's still more owner-based and not a property management company.

• 677. Re: Your Solutions Now Needed! log-in to dashboard to respond to inquiries.
            Contributor

We have multiple listings on HA and are considered a PM in their eyes. We are not able to remove any reivews, even false ones. We are not able to add our own reviews looking like a guest review.

We have had 2 false reviews posted. One the guest reviewed the wrong listing, second was a guest that never rented from us. I could not get either review removed.

Leaving a review is quite the process. IP addresses are tracked, email addresses too. No way we can leave a fake review unless we take the time to go to a completely different computer, create an email account, post and hope it gets published. Way too much work. Rather spend our time providing better properties, happier guests and get legit reviews.

• 678. Re: Your Solutions Now Needed! log-in to dashboard to respond to inquiries.
              Contributor

Even on Amazon.com, I find the 1 star review(s) to find out what the issue was for that item. I do the same with renting. If there are a lot of reviews, I might not read them all but I will read the most recent few and the lowest ones.

• 679. Re: Your Solutions Now Needed! log-in to dashboard to respond to inquiries.

It is very easy to stop the email problem. Create a temporary address for each inquiry that is used in all communications.let all communications go through that address. It will go through HA and only be between the originator of the inquiry and the owner. Even if some one intercepts the email on either side it will only be sent to the registered address.

The scams I have seen and been attacked by have nothing to do with the intercepting email. The scammer just copies your ad and post it on craigs list or other places with their email address. I caught it several times with my property and a pain to get it taken down.

HA says that answering an inquiry quickly will increase your reservations, I agree. This just makes it much harder.  I use an app called VrWizard and receive inquiries from all the major advertising sources and I am able to respond within a couple minutes.  It is fun to get responses back like "Wow that was fast" and be able to book a reservation within 15 minutes of receiving the inquiry.

Aloha

Don

1 42 43 44 45 46 Previous Next