2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2012 9:12 AM by rentallease RSS

    For 4 month stay...type of agreement? should I treat it as a vacation rental or a more formal lease

    New Member

      For a 4 month stay is it best to use a more simple vacation rental agreement that I have been using or a more "formal" rental agreement that my friend who is a realtor has given me. This is the longer more detailed document that they use when doing a lease. It's called Residential Lease or Month to Month Rental Agreement California Association of Realtors Form LR


      I am not sure of the pros and cons and if I am more protected with one type of agreement or another. In the past I have used a more simple vacation retal form that I pulled from the Community site.


      I appreciate any suggestions. Also at what point is credit check, fico scores etc good to ask for. If they will be staying for an extended period 4-8 months?