29 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2020 8:47 AM by villaeros|oldskala|kefalonia RSS

Advanced Payout Update

puttermac10 Contributor

3 of 4 properties are on advanced payouts.  I was told everyone would be by the first of the year - well that has come and gone...any update?ha-moderator-amandaha-moderator-macy

• Re: Advanced Payout Update
          kmcbhense Contributor

I've been told they are just going to review more each quarter...I've got 15 properties on vrbo. Been a member for 14 years. The newest 3 listings are not eligible yet for "Advanced" payments, because they have to determine if I'm high risk or not. And vrbo talks about its there money that is on the line. I have no idea on how they come to that conclusion when the guest pays the money and we supply the inventory. All they are is the middleman making the bucks putting us together.

feibus Senior Contributor

My understanding was that everyone would be on HomeAway Payments by end of 2019, that early payout was a function of risk assessments, which were going to take longer for homes or owners in certain non-North American countries or for properties without at least a year of rentals using Yapstone payments.

villaeros|oldskala|kefalonia New Member

H/A is now behind schedule with three of four payments I am currently owed, on the basis of payment within 5-7 working days from the date H/A receives payment from a customer. As of yesterday, one payment was "late" -- by over 30 days -- and its drop date having vanished from the system was not listed as paid to me but not listed as scheduled, with two other "late" payments due to land in my account yesterday, according to the details on each of the reservations. As of today, however, the total has risen to three payments as late in being distributed, with the two payments due yesterday having lost their scheduled distribution date on the customer's information. Now a fourth payment due to land in two days time but I have no confidence that it will in fact be transferred to my account. The amount that H/A owes me is mounting. Yesterday, H/A Premier Partner support actioned one payment to technical support. Today, I called again and two more payments have been flagged.

All of this falls on the heels of H/A taking the payment system in house. I hope that they will sort it. I do hope I get paid sooner rather than later.

puttermac10 Contributor

This late payment you are experiencing is NOT acceptable at all - it is YOUR money.

I have actually posted the following on Trustpilot and am going to continue to pursuing it until I get paid.

"I am furious. I have not been paid my Advance Payments owed to me -- Seriously overdue.

By way of background, HomeAway has taken their payment system in-house and has required me to opt-in to receive my advance payment from bookings 5-7 days after they take receipt of the money from customers, by agreeing an additional 3% charge on the funds to be received, or wait until three days after check-in to receive payment.

As I am a long-standing customer, I am eligible for this advance payment option and have used it up until and wished to continue receiving advanced payments now and accepted the change of organisation with the payment system. However, having opted-in on this basis, HomeAway is now in breach of their own terms and conditions by being egregiously behind schedule with three of four payments I am currently owed, amounting to over £2000.

I have called customer service several times to try and get this resolved.

On the first two occasions, the customer service representatives informed me that within the customer's booking information, it listed the date the deposit was due to be distributed to me. I pointed out on both occasions that the date being shown for distribution amounted to late payment because the customer had paid 3-4 weeks prior to the date listed, not the 5-7 days as contracted. While they were ill-prepared to explain how they could be in breach they could point to the fact that the bookings were due to be paid in a few days time. However, in reality, the money has never gotten paid to me, not on the arbitrary day beyond the 5-7 day contracted time frame, not ever and the clock is still ticking while I continue to await payment.

So, having not received payment as promised, I went back to the drawing board and made yet another call to customer service.

Now on call number three, as of yesterday's call to customer service, still having NOT been paid a bean of what is owed, this is where we are:

One payment was "late" -- by over 30 days -- and its payment date -- the date they were due to distribute the funds to me -- that had previously been listed on the reservation had now vanished from the booking system. Worryingly, the payment was not listed as paid to me, just not listed at all. Intent to pay by a certain date is no longer showing.

There were two other "late" payments (by which I mean that the deadline of 5-7 working days had passed but a listed day for the scheduled distribution -- January 26th -- was showing and the customer service rep told me that the money from these two bookings was due to land in my account YESTERDAY by close of business (on a Sunday?? really or was that just a silly clerical mistake on their part reinforced by the customer service rep who wanted me to believe they banked on Sundays), according, she said, to the details she could see attached to each of the bookings.

As of today, however, the deposits associated with those two bookings failed to land in my bank account, along with the first "late" amount due that payment (and the promised of payment thereof) has vanished into the ether.

Now (if you're counting) the total has risen to three payments as late in being distributed, but I should mention that there is now a fourth payment due to land in two days time -- on January 30th -- as listed in the customer's booking details,

I have no confidence that it will in fact be transferred to my account. Yesterday, H/A Premier Partner support actioned one payment to technical support. Today, I called again and two more payments have been flagged, sent to technical support for an investigation. I have not received an email to confirm they are looking into this, I have no idea what is happening and have no idea when I am going to get paid.

I have taken to Trustpilot today because my villa in Kefalonia is top-ranked with HomeAway and I am frustrated by the poor service that I am getting trying to deal with the problem.

HomeAway, are you listening?"

beligiannisk New Member

I am trying many days now to solve this issue also! I own 3 properties and although a serious amount is already collected by HA I don't get my money!

I chat every day with the agents just to receive the same answer every day, which is that they are so sorry to hear my frustration and they fully understand and they will send my case to the "highly specialized teams"!! They advice me to be patient and wait for their update and feedback.

Till now, I only collect case numbers!

I was told since Aug 24 my email that I was eligible to the early payments and that I would receive a second email within 90 days from then.

Giving trust to this email I moved to VRBO'S payment platform.

Till now, 150 days have passed and NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Furhtermore my cancellation policy is NO REFUND which means that there is no reason at all to keep my money, they have no risk by paying me!

Despite all these, I can not even fill and complete this new Direct debit authorization. When I enter to the payment options it says "not applicable"!!

Words are not enough to describe how frustrated I am with the?? unreliability!

Where is the Customer Support????

I would very much appreciate if I would have an update on these issues!

I have just had another conversation with customer support and the woman told me that the dates listed for payment on my 3 overdue bookings to be paid (today) is just going to roll over from one day to the next until technical support gets this situation resolved. I think that they should not be entitled to take their charges against our payments if they are not distributing them in the contracted time frame. I should say that my Trustpilot complaint has gotten some traction and I did get a reply back from technical support. I am now trying other social media avenues to get some help because still no payment.

tlcloset Contributor

So do you have to request advance payments?  OR do they just offer it to you?  I have been with VRBO for over 10 years, multiple properties but just went on their payment system.  I have always played by the rules.  I have a hard time giving guests check in information without having my funds in the bank....it's quite scary to say the least.

I had to opt-in to advance payments, having been part of the Yapstone advance payment scheme prior to the switch over. You should be able to request it but you will pay 3% pf the booking as a fee for the privilege. I handled it by uping my rates on HomeAway by the 3% to cover the costs. I totally get the issue with giving check-in information to guests when you haven't received any money. That's why I opted for the advance payment which, when it was with Yapstone, worked perfectly...

hmmmm Senior Contributor

Good question, please repost it on its own question and ask the Moderator on to help you with that answer

wildiris Senior Contributor

Vrbo will "invite" you to participate in "advanced payments" a/k/a "early payout program."  Take a look at the "More information on early payout program" thread under the heading "Recent Content" on the "Discussions" home page.  As I understand it, every owner should have been "invited" to enroll in early payouts by the end of 2019.

Also, make sure that you check your dashboard and have authorized Vrbo to debit your bank account.  If you don't, you will not be placed on "early payouts."  Take a look at this thread -Latest Vrbo email on Early Payouts

beligiannisk New Member

You are right.  But, in my case, I can not fill the direct debit authorization! I don't see any red dots or anything else and it only says : "not applicable"

I have asked them 1000 times why is this happening and I don't get any answer!

This is mine...same as yours...

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 15.38.31.png

margaret CommunityAmbassador

I think the reason you do not have the ability to complete the direct debit authorization is due to you being outside of the U.S.

If that's the case, it would apply to me too.

beligiannisk New Member

The real problem is that we only try to guess! Nobody knows, nobody answers!! Since August 2019 everything seems ridiculous! We are all (The owners)  completely LOST and nobody care!

Well, up until a few days ago I couldn't have given a fig if someone booked directly with me or with HomeAway, a booking was a booking regardless of the source. There was no tacit benefit to me to try to track a customer who liked the "comfort" of booking with the "insurance" provided within the HomeAway fee structure because I was getting paid in a timely manner and I wasn't taking a cut in income from a booking made from HomeAway.

Now, however, I have just changed all my social media to track exclusively to my website because there's too much at stake here. If they are not immediately making good on making payments for which they are currently in arrears, how do I have any confidence that I will get the balances paid to me when they are due 10 weeks prior to a guest's arrival? I don't have all the time in the world to keep chasing and chasing money that they owe me. If it were the other way around HomeAway would have come down on me like a ton of bricks.

Plus, it's the customer service factor in all of this that I cannot get my head around. We are top-ranked. We play by the HomeAway rules. But now, this has made me rethink my business model and whether I will renew my listing when it next expires.

margaret CommunityAmbassador

No being paid or having money erroneously taken from our accounts will surely be the last straw for most owners. All the changes, glitches, metrics and all the rest of the nonsense over the past several years have been bad enough but when our money is being put at risk there is no excuse.

I completely agree, Margaret. I was so proud when we were acknowledged as #1 for customer service out of all the villas in Kefalonia that HomeAway represents that I pumped it up on social media on all my feeds with a link to our H/A listing. I've now taken it down across the board and linked everything to my own URL which is all HomeAway's fault.

I am also going to consider complaining to the UK equivalent of the Better Business Bureau because I don't believe that, having been so in arrears on my payments that when I do actually receive them that HomeAway should rightfully take their "cut" in fees off the top because they haven't earned it.

Hi Everyone. If you're in the UK I have found out that according to Citizens Advice Bureau (UK's Better Business Bureau) that HomeAway is in breach of contract under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and that it is incumbent upon HomeAway UK Ltd to resolve these situations of late payment as a matter of urgency or the homeowner due guest payments will be able to seek redress and damages as a result of the arrears under the guise of  HomeAway's own terms and conditions in the Advance Payment scheme.

Most importantly,  that by a homeowner "opting in" to the terms of the Advance Payment scheme, HomeAway's obligations are clear and forms of redress customary.

I was advised to write to HomeAway via registered letter or email with read receipt to inform the company that they are on notice to resolve the situation within 7 working days or redress can and will be sought which can include a demand for damages and/or compensation.