23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2020 4:17 PM by margaret RSS

PP metrics -- anyone else showing 0% acceptance?

sfbritt New Member

Does anyone else have a 0% acceptance rate in your PP metrics, when it should be 100%?

Screenshot 2020-01-08 12.42.16.png

• Re: PP metrics -- anyone else showing 0% acceptance?
          sanlord Active Contributor

Yes, on all 3 properties!

ohst8er Premier Contributor

no, mine's correct.

twobitrentals CommunityAmbassador

Mine are all fine????

margaret CommunityAmbassador

Mine are currently accurate but I have seen this recently. It appears to correct itself within a day or two.

sanlord Active Contributor

All of mine were fixed this morning! 

feibus Senior Contributor

Mine is right... and I went from a rank of 11 to 433 last week back to 19 this week.  Who knows?

u0999 Premier Contributor

I cannot believe anyone still thinks there is any credence to these. I have not looked at mine in months, last I looked numbers did not make much sense and trying to look at them and relate to how your property will actually be shown to renters is like reading tea leaves.

On the other hand, right now in my market it is busy booking season. Number of inquiries I received for vrbo (3  properties) - 1 ( a loweballer who emailed may owners in my market offering ridiculously low rate for large cabins). Number of bookings - 0.

All my booking are coming either direct or from Airbnb.

Vrbo would be well served if it focused on generating actual bookings, not meaningless tea leaf reading gauges.

kthomasmh New Member

I posted this same message in another thread. Please forgive me, if I shouldn't be repeating myself, but I am trying to cast a wide net in case someone can help me. THANK YOU in advance.

I am beyond frustrated! For months, my acceptance rate has not made sense. A few days ago, I received this message from Customer Service.

Of the reservations accepted over the last 365 days, it was found that not all of these reservations originated as 'Reservation' or 'Booking Requests'; only a portion originated as actual requests. Some of what the Tech Support agent found originated as inquiries, which were then made into 'Pre-Approvals' with a payment request and these don't actually count towards your acceptance rate as they're not true booking requests. As it stands, your acceptance rate is actually calculating correctly and I do see it's improving. Your acceptance rate will continue to improve with each request that you accept and until you're rate is at or above 85%, you may want to consider encouraging inquiring travelers to send an official booking request instead of pre-approving them. Even turning on the 'Instant Book' feature temporarily (just to get about 2 more bookings) could help get your acceptance rate back up, but I understand that there are legitimate concerns around this idea.

So, if I have understood the message correctly... if someone INQUIRES about my property and I respond positively and invite them to book, and they book (which many have done) these reservations do NOT count toward my ACCEPTANCE RATE! How can this be correct? To make matters worse, I have INSTANT BOOKING (7-days in advance) turned on, and I've received bookings, but they are NOT counting towards my acceptance rate. I have been communicating with one of our lovely moderators for 3 months now, and still cannot get any help with this issue. I have now HIDDEN both my listings until I decide if I'm just going to cancel both my properties from VRBO.

It is one thing, to have an issue, but quite another when no one will communicate with you, to try to help you resolve the issue. I at my wit's end with the lack of support. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you so very much,

Kimberley

kthomasmh  Yes, you understand it correctly. Stop pre-approving, send the guest a message telling them they are welcome to book. They can click on the link in your message to book.

scowol Active Contributor

margaret is absolutely correct.

So, if I have understood the message correctly... if someone INQUIRES about my property and I respond positively and invite them to book, and they book (which many have done) these reservations do NOT count toward my ACCEPTANCE RATE! How can this be correct?

It's technically correct because when you pre-approve a traveler to book, you are sending an offer (the quote, dates, fees and amounts can be whatever you make them).  You set the terms, and the traveler can accept your offer and book.  In that case, there's zero metrics credit because you didn't "accept" anything.

To get credit, you, the owner, need to accept a booking request.

The moral of the story.... never pre-approve if you want to get credit in your metrics.

kthomasmh New Member

Thank you so much for reading and responding Margaret. It appears that you have some great knowledge. If you have any suggestions for how to actually speak with someone at VRBO who can help me work through this I would be very grateful. This is my greatest frustration. If someone had actually helped me with this, when I lost Premier Partner status because of my acceptance rate, I could have fixed the issue quickly.

Because ALL of my bookings in the last 9 months came through inquiries, I lost my Premier Partner status. I absolutely thought I was doing the right thing, but could see from my metrics that something was wrong. I contacted VRBO in November, to try to understand the issue and only received this information on Monday - 3 months later!! As a result I am still without PP status. If I had been given this information in November, perhaps I could have done something about it. Also, in December, I turned on Instant Booking - but guess what - my acceptance rate is still 60% So... at the moment VRBO is making money from me, because I have bookings resulting from inquiries, but I am being penalized because of the way the bookings were made. More than anything, I am beyond disappointed that I could not get support. I have PP status on my other property and had revenue of over $50K last year, so $2500 in commission for VRBO - but nope, no support, despite many calls and emails to CS! And yes, I know I could have saved money by going to a subscription, but with the price increase, and the subscription being in US $, I just couldn't commit. I know it's crazy, but I just couldn't.

The most insulting thing is this message from CS:

Your acceptance rate will continue to improve with each request that you accept and until you're rate is at or above 85%, you may want to consider encouraging inquiring travelers to send an official booking request instead of pre-approving them. Even turning on the 'Instant Book' feature temporarily (just to get about 2 more bookings) could help get your acceptance rate back up, but I understand that there are legitimate concerns around this idea.

REALLY?!? I need to ask potential guests to do more work, because I want the stats and your system doesn't make sense? Also, I DO have Instant Booking TURNED ON!

And then:
                              If you have questions or would like to learn more about how a temporary Instant Booking option may help, please don't hesitate to respond to this email. Thank you again for being so patient and considerate, and I wish you the absolute best.

Again, I have had Instant Booking TURNED ON! And, I DID respond to the email, and I DID ask for help - 3 days ago, but no response. I know my messages today sound angry, but I assure you I absolutely have been patient and considerate - until now.

What is wrong with this company? 

Thank you for letting me vent. I think the reason I am so frustrated is because I had great success with VRBO when I first started with STRs and I prefer their platform to AirBnB. However, today I realized I just can't take it anymore. I don't want to de-list my properties, but I don't know what else to do. ANY suggestions are welcome.

Thank you so much,

Kimberley

kthomasmh  I understand it is frustrating and you are venting here as many of us do at times.

I don't believe Premier Partner is that important. Going forward do not pre-approve. Use the Reply with a Quote option to respond to inquiries, the guest can then simply click to book. I also have Instant Booking but I often get inquiries when the guests have questions.

As for the choice between PPB and subscription, IMO that will not make any difference in you attaining PP. As you probably know the subscription is more financially beneficial if you book 10k or more per year.

kthomasmh New Member

Hi Margaret,

Thank you again for responding. I think that my long diatribe caused my point to be lost...

I only mentioned that I am using PPB to illustrate how much money VRBO is making from little old me, and how poor their service has been. I know that the choice of PPB or subscription have nothing to do with PP Status.

So, here is my point...

VRBO customer service is TERRIBLE! I am at my wit's end with them. It is completely inappropriate for them to take almost 4 months to give me an answer that you were able to give me in minutes - and I was working with a CS Moderator. I know that this is not a big issue given all the other issues, such as owners not being paid, YapGate, early payout being taken away, damage deposits being refunded twice, etc., etc. But... it is just so sad, when you have to come to the realization that you just don't want to be a partner with an organization such as this any more. It was really great not so long ago. Sigh...

Oh, and my question is... can anyone here in this group tell me how to talk to ANYONE at VRBO who may be able to address my issue? I have had Instant Booking turned on, but my metrics are not budging.

Thanks again,

K

Many owner are frustrated with the many glitches, bugs and nonsense that has been taking place. I get you point about that completely. I honestly don't believe there is anyone you can talk to that can do anything to improve you metrics. Unfortunately, the metrics will only improve by taking bookings. I am sorry I can't be more helpful.