21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2020 2:29 PM by hmmmm RSS

Premier Partner

ktorisbeachrentals Contributor

I remember when being a Premier Partner allowed you to see emails and phone number to Guests Inquiries.  That is no longer the case.  I cannot see any info on my guests anymore even after integrating with VRBO.  Have they changed it now?  That was the best benefit of being a Premier Partner.  Sometime you just need to talk to guest when they are not understanding something or they are older and without being able to share phone numbers that makes it impossible.

Marcy

• Re: Premier Partner
          wildiris Senior Contributor

Yes, Vrbo changed this several months ago.  Premier Partners are no longer provided with the traveler's phone number and email until after a booking is made.  I think that people who were made Premier Partners when the program was first introduced are "grandfathered" and still receive this information before a booking is made.

ha-moderator-amanda HomeAway Employee

Hi ktorisbeachrentals, it depends when the invitation to join the Premier Partner Program was sent because this feature is not available for owners that were invited during or since February of 2019. If you were already part of the program prior to the change implemented in February then the traveler's information should be available. If this is not the case, please contact Premier Partner Support so they can look into the issue.

So back in November I reached out.  They said only people that were PP prior to Feb 2019 would have the info.  I told them that most of my listings were prior to then.  So he wrote this back.

I hope this email finds you well today. I went through each listing and found most of your premier partner listings were active before 2/1/19. I apologize for my last email saying they weren't. I'm reaching out to your account manager for some information. I will then be sending this case over to our tech support for assistance. I will send you an email as soon as I receive an update from them.

Then after 3 weeks of not hearing back, I reached out again and this is the response I received.

Hello Marcy,

I appreciate your patience while we looked into why you're not receiving the guest's contact information before booking. I had escalated the case to our tech support team to which they responded that this feature has been removed from the Premier Partner program as of 2/1/19. I'm afraid we will no longer be displaying the travelers contact information before booking.

So at this point I do not know what to think.  That is why I was asking.

Marcy

scottr Active Contributor

Getting contact info was the only reason to accept the PP invite.  Is there currently any advantage to being a PP?

green_mango Active Contributor

I think an advantage is in a larger market where there are hundreds of rentals a guest can filter by PP and narrow down the list a bit.  Of course, it's an illusion as many properties don't deserve PP status but are simply included by default when managed by. a large PM (I'm talking about you, Vacasa & Evolve!).  Some of the lowest rated listings in my area are Premier Partners.  I am not PP, but I have all 5 star reviews. 

bonesxxx Active Contributor

For whatever it is worth, I got two inquiries yesterday and today and BOTH have the contact information in them.

I think it's been switched back on for some of us although I am not sure where/what the cutoff point is that decides who gets it and who doesn't.

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

twobitrentals CommunityAmbassador

This says member since 2019?? So, do some get the info and others not so much? This would be good to find out And why would they eliminate the one thing that everyone worked towards PP to obtain?

That 'member since' line refers to the traveller.

I think what people are suggesting here (and the mods are looking into) is what triggers the owner level access to traveller information.  It may have something to do with February of 2019 and whether you were a PP on that day or not.  If so, you may have been grandfathered.

Vrbo is like Wheel of Fortune where you wake up each morning and spin the wheel... you just never know what benefits or penalties await you for that day.  But fear not, you will get to spin the wheel again tomorrow and see a whole new set of benefits and penalties.  Spin away comrade

ohst8er Premier Contributor

Interesting.  Year 6 here, and I've never lost contact info, nor the ability to edit a reservation. 

I might be the "unlucky" one  

I don't think that you're the "unlucky" one.  I just think that you either became a Premier Partner after February 2019 OR you initially were made a Premier Partner before February 2019 but lost Premier Partner status in one quarter and were not aware of it and when you again qualified for Premier Partner status it was after February 2019.  (This is just a hunch - I have no "hard" information to support my hypothesis.)

I was a Premier Partner for one or two quarters prior to February 2019 and received a traveler's email and phone number before booking.  I lost Premier Partner status because I didn't have enough bookings through Vrbo.  Vrbo never notified me that I was no longer a Premier Partner.  In fact, they continued to send me Premier Partner emails.  I discovered that I was no longer a Premier Partner when I noticed the designation was no longer on my listing.  I suspect that if I ever again qualify for Premier Partner status that I will not be "grandfathered" and will not receive the traveler's email and phone number.

Just to add....Premier partners used to require certain criteria. I know mine did....such as so many reviews.....yet I see a premier partner in my area with ONE, yes 1 review. How is that possible?

Is that listing in your neighborhood managed by a property manager?  The Premier Partner criteria are much more lax for property managers.

I Thought that at one point they said that they were going to change that and level the playing field based on each individual property???? ARGH!

They did and implemented the same standards for individual owners and property managers for about two months.  Unfortunately, Vrbo reneged and went back to the lesser standards for property managers.

green_mango Active Contributor

They said that a long time back - when Erinn was still a moderator and she said VRBO was slowly purging the system - but I think VRBO changed their minds as there are still plenty of Vacasa & Evolve properties with low ratings in my area flying the Premier Partner badge.

The whole concept of Premier Partner is compromised when they have different standards for different listings. As a guest, I would hope that premier partner would extend not to just the entity that managed  or owned the properties they listed, but also to every specific property. If they want to extend different standards, they should have a section for owner managed properties and then one for property manager managed properties. At least if there is a Premier Partner property in the “property managed section” that has bad reviews, etc. it only give them a bad name in that selection and not everyone with the designation.

Exactly this.  To extend the designation broadly to all management companies (ar any other unearned class or group) diminishes the value of the designation itself.  One only has to do a quick search of Premier Partner listings to find dozens with no reviews or bad reviews.  It's idiotic that the platform creates a 'badge' and then proceeds to make it worthless (or worth less).

The management companies (if it's important to them) can get their own badge, such as "Professionally Managed".  And PP badges earned on the merits of each listing performance only.

hmmmm Senior Contributor

Thank you, mine was taken with out warning, several years ago, with a false accusation, that, "wording" looked compromising.

I have been and still are a very honorable owner/manager.  I hold high standards for myself and my rentals.

I was hurt at first, but moved on.  The problem is I have lost rentals because of not having the contact.  Many times in the past I was

able to bring a vacationer to book may properties by reaching to them out personally.

In my opinion, parts of HA family of business are being run by very inexperienced employees who do not really have the years of experience to understand the

intricate details of running this kind of a platform.