You said that the guest booked, but are referencing quotes. Quotes are only for inquiries/pre-approvals. If the guest is booked, they have a balance due--not a quote.
It sounds like you are stating that there is still an outstanding payment request. You have a few options that you can do immediately:
- You can cancel the outstanding payment request, and then create a new payment request for the amount that reflects the reduced amount due, or...
- You can issue a PARTIAL refund now on the first payment that was made (this option will keep keep the remaining outstanding payment as-is, and the damage deposit will be included automatically and refunded automatically.
True - balance due, not quote. So the final payment request won't go out to the guest until March, so I will need to wait until that time to cancel that and adjust the final balance due. I'd rather not give up the deposit either. It's too bad it can't be done in the meantime because currently it appears they are paying the same total for just the three nights which is completely unreasonable due to the type and size of our home. Thankfully they are return guests and understand and they were fine with my written email showing the revised balance due in March. Thanks.
So I thought I'd give it a try and cancel the second payment to reissue the proper amount...advice to others...do NOT cancel that second payment request until after it's been sent. It did not give me the option to resend another "regular" payment request for that second installment, but showed just the initial deposit as the total amount to be received for the entire reservation. So I had to initiate a new payment request for a "special fee" which only has certain descriptions (none being an adjustment to balance due for the number of nights). Examples are: Admin fee, parking fee, cleaning fee, none of which apply here. Only good thing is I could specify it's due date of April 1. But now it looks strange in the "Payment" screen on my end, but at least it's correct for the final amount due from the guest. Still learning here - but should have waited until it was sent in March...even though that seems like something that VRBO could address and allow us to do. Thx.