10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2019 12:30 PM by casitacynthiasantafe RSS

What is wrong with this picture?

koko Active Contributor

I received my PP report  for the month of October.

I knew VRBO was not delivering much but this it somewhat astounding.

october report.jpg

Cute is the advice given to turn on instant booking  - well it is on!

This market has only 120 properties at last count - how can a PP then have 0 views for a whole month?

Shall I conclude that what I paid $41.50 for in the month of October was a total and utter waste of money?  And lowering my prices would  actually be for the proverbial birds if no one sees the room for $2.50/night including breakfast?

Any other advertising performing this poorly would be discontinued ASAP were it for my real business - but hey here this partnership with someone I have never met seems to be working just swell - for my partner.

At least they congratulated me on my success - the team - the partners - who?

• Re: What is wrong with this picture?
          feibus Senior Contributor

I sent a bug notice upstream when I got that email.  Page views was wrong on mine.  Clearly a bug in the machine.  DM samantha_ha and get her a copy of the email so she can have more examples to show them.

wildiris Active Contributor

I've got you beat, koko!  My October monthly statement had four zeros:  0 page views, 0 bookings, 0 inquiries, 0 reviews.  I can vouch for the accuracy of the last three categories.  There's no way that I can tell if anyone (other than myself) looked at my listing in October.  I know that I looked at it, but perhaps Vrbo doesn't count owners looking at their own listings.

floridagirl19 Contributor

Here's another gem  - I got one of those "somebody looked at your place but booked with your competitor" things on my dashboard. I clicked through and discovered that the person had chosen ONE OF MY OTHER PROPERTIES ON VRBO. So... now I am competing WITH MYSELF? Okie dokie!

ponokai Contributor
                Here's how you did in October:
                page views
                bookings
                inquiries
                reviews

Here's how you did in August:
                page views
                bookings
                inquiries
                reviews

I had a cancellation over 2 and half months ago for the dates of 11/22 through 11/29. No one has booked these dates. I have never had this happen before especially since the time in is during the Thanksgiving holidays. Now I know why since the month of Oct had no page reviews vs. my August statement. I never received a September statement.

I lowered my nightly rate and boosted those dates to 1-5 position. Nothing else I can do. There seems to be a major glitch in the system. Help!

pedrito New Member

I got this report too. I have one of the top properties for my area and Oct is a busy season and ZERO views?  Right........  Figured it was a bug or, more likely (in my opinion) an accidental slip of one of the routine sneaky little manipulative tricks they have been pulling for years.

(I also got one of the "somebody looked at your place but booked with your competitor" things, too but the "competitor" was my brother's condo and NO ONE had booked those dates.  And I like how a huge non-oceanfront house with 5 bedrooms is "comparable" to my much smaller 2-bedroom oceanfront condo.)

Anyway, not piping in to complain, only to confirm that there was indeed something wrong with the October "premier partner" report email.

jwdw Contributor

We got the same "zero's" report. I knew it couldn't be right. How much more evidence do they need to investigate this as a problm?

casitacynthiasantafe Contributor

And here's mine. I received quite a few bookings in August & September and just one in October....

Here's how you did in October:
                      page views
                      bookings
                      inquiries
                      reviews