10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2019 4:05 PM by nvanders RSS

Cleaners Destin

nvanders Contributor

Hello

Was hoping you fine folks might be able to share some professional cleaning companies in the Destin area with me? We are under contract on a condo there and the folks I have spoken with seem to be more mom and pop; which is fine but we need a bit more. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks so much!

• Re: Cleaners Destin
            nvanders Contributor

Thanks for the response here but it looks like there are not any partners associated with the area....or I don't know how to use the system haha. It just refers me to different technologies and apps such as properly and what not. Anyway, thanks for your time I do appreciate it!

2barefeet Contributor

I had the same issue when we bought in Destin.  Fortunately, my realtor had a great recommendation for a cleaning company.  I can tell you the big ones are not always better.  I decided to try a larger company and had to beg her to take me back.  Go to facebook /Google and look up Resort Clean.  Give them a call and tell Jim that Belinda sent you.  Make sure he knows you are in Destin not Panama City.  RC is a software system that I love and wished my cleaning crew would use it.  Jim can probably help you find someone.  The first thing I learned about Destin is there is so much work out there the vendors can be selective. 

Feel free to DM any questions you may have.  We own in the Crystal Beach area and the Miramar Beach area.  Happy renting!

nvanders Contributor

Thanks for your response I really appreciate it. I will try and see if I can find them as my initial searches didn't turn them up unless they are called "Destin Resort Condo Cleaning"?

The only reason we thought going with a larger company might be better is because they typically supply linens and incorporate some technology so cleanings aren't missed and there are no schedule snafus. We found that buying two sets of linens almost yearly was not as cost effective as just paying a monthly or yearly fee. It also helps with QC a bt we thought too as sometimes our cleaners will find a stain on a rag and get a new one.

However, our experience is in Colorado ski country not the beach so we are still learning. I'd love to chat sometime and sent you a request so I could DM you as it wont let me until you accept. Thanks again and we look forward to spending some time on those beautiful white beaches outside Crystal Sands. 

kmcbhense Contributor

We are from Destin, Where did you buy at?

nvanders Contributor

Hello apologies for the delay getting back to you as we have had guests in town for the past 5 days. We are actually buying in the Crystal Beach area if you are familiar. Hoping we can find some bigger operations as I do not necessarily want to go with a one person cleaning team/company. Would love to hear about your experience if you have time to chat sometime too. Thanks again!

kmcbhense Contributor

We personally live in Crystal Beach, and have 4 rental homes there. What complex are you buying at? I can give you some excellent ideas of what to expect rental income wise

nvanders Contributor

Thanks for your response Id be happy to chat. I tried to send you a DM but apparently we must be "friends" first haha. Anyways, hope to connect in the days to come as it's always good to get to know your neighbors and learn from their experiences. We have targeted that stretch of beach for almost a year until we found a unit in the shape and location we wanted to make the "dream work" as we say.

Take care and talk soon!

kmcbhense Contributor

Thanks and lets touvh base next week...We are actually out of town on vacation this week, first one in 11 years of vacation rentals. If your buying in Crystal Sands, its an excellent rental building. We have great friends of ours that have 2 units in there. Also the cleaners we personally use, also clean there 2 units, so it would be easy for them to add an additional unit in the same complex.

nvanders Contributor

Oh gosh please enjoy your vacation! Once you're back I will happily DM you my email and phone if you have some time and I will make whatever works best for you work.

I love talking with fellow owners as they know the ins and outs of the buildings and providers; which really helps to make the transition a bit easier. So, I sincerely appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts/contacts very much! We love Crystal Sands too

Enjoy your vacay and safe travels!