1 19 20 21 22 23 Previous Next 330 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2019 8:35 PM by hekkl5 Go to original post RSS
      • 330. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
        swlinphx Premier Contributor
        BDC charges you 15% commission (not sure how much they charge for credit card processing as I process my own for 2.9%).

If you are on Payments by Booking.com as we are you pay no processing fees, just the commission.  You can also add the cost of the commission into your rates as we do using the Service Fee option.  They did recently change to charge commission on all mandatory fees you charge however, including cleaning, etc. (instead of just the rental rate as it was for years).

We definitely do have other issues with them however.

• 331. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
          coho New Member

Has Yapstone changed their check-in payment terms to match HA's? There are a lot of very familiar words in here:

Check In Payments: Subject to bank processing delays and any fraud or risk holds imposed by YapStone, You will receive the Guest’s Payment (minus Fees) in Your or Payee’s bank account, as instructed by You, within 2-3 business days, of the day after the scheduled check-in date for the Guest at Your Property; provided however, in the event a Guest provides proper notice to the website that the Property was booked through within 24 hours of the scheduled check in that the Property is not as described, or there is some other issue with the Property, You authorize YapStone to return the Payment to the Guest.In addition, for risk and fraud reasons, YapStone will generally hold all disbursements scheduled to occur within the 30 days after Your first scheduled successful check-in date.

Getting payment after a guest leaves, having no way to pry a guest out of the house that effectively isn't going to pay, and having the guest complain in any way and get all of their money back, is no bueno. Furthermore, if Yapstone and HA are completely different entities with no control over each others' businesses, as HA wants us to believe, then why does the payment processor have the right to hand out our money based on a complaint that ought to be fielded by the booking facilitator?

Other Yapstone-related shenanigans:

* Yapstone is not responding to questions

* Yapstone did not give sufficient notice of these changes, per their own TOS

* HA is totally fine not leaning on Yapstone with respect to their mutual agreement, and is perfectly happy with this entirely foreseeable and avoidable fluster cluck, because more people will sign up for HA's now-horrible TOS.

I've spent more time on this problem than I can justify. How will I know when HA has either:

- updated the TOS to align with their actual offerings (and to make it read like it wasn't put together on a crack-fueled all-night bender), OR

- updated the TOS to clarify under what conditions they would hand our money back to guests at the guests' request ... or, simply removed those parts of the TOS that have nothing to do with changing payment providers, and are simply an opportunistic attempt to grab some more money from owners under the cover of the confusion HA themselves have created?

• 332. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
            db.meyer Senior Contributor

coho - you may recall I posted about this on 7/26/19? Not sure when Yap changed the language/TOCs on check-in payments but it was there on 7/26.

Update 7/26/19 -Check your listings! Yapstone banking info being removed, listings deactivated, forced to enroll in HA Payments to reactivate listings, other issues.

• 333. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

I searched on Google and found that language was in their T&Cs published 7/12/18. Looks like no-one noticed it before I posted on 7/26/19 - one year later?

https://www.yapstone.com/legal/vacation-rental-property-owner-agreement-us/

7/12/18 language:

1. Check In Payments: Subject to bank processing delays and any fraud or risk holds imposed by YapStone, You will receive the Guest’s Payment (minus Fees) in Your or Payee’s bank account, as instructed by You, within 2-3 business days, of the day after the scheduled check-in date for the Guest at Your Property; provided however, in the event a Guest provides proper notice to the website that the Property was booked through within 24 hours of the scheduled check in that the Property is not as described, or there is some other issue with the Property, You authorize YapStone to return the Payment to the Guest.In addition, for risk and fraud reasons, YapStone will generally hold all disbursements scheduled to occur within the 30 days after Your first scheduled successful check-in date.

YapStone may change Your settlement timeline between Advance Payments and Check In Payments at any time during the Term of this Agreement; provided, however, that You will be given notice of any such change."

• 334. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.

And for those of you now on Yapstone Check-in Payments, should you be concerned about this new "risk" of guests possibly complaining your property is not as advertised, etc. within 24 hours of their arrival and eligible for a refund, you may wish to consider paying the additional 3% for "advance payments"?  Here is the Yapstone language, with no mention of that additional clause under "check-in payments".

Advance Payments: Subject to banking processing delays and any fraud or risk holds imposed by YapStone, You will typically receive the Guest’s Payment (minus Fees (as defined below)) in Your or Payee’s bank account, as instructed by You, within 2-3 business days, subject to banking delays, following the day a Payment is posted to YapStone’s accounts, in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.

• 335. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                  sunedayzzz New Member

Exactly johnz! It doesn't seem legal that they are allowed to do this. 

• 336. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                    richypitchy New Member

I received an email indicating that I can migrate back to VRBO's payment system, however my account doesn't "qualify" for the in-house advanced payment system/platform/whatever.

So, here's my response:

- I've discontinued instant booking.
                    - I migrated from Yapstone anyway.

- I'm actively researching other services, hoping that my account will suddenly "qualify" for advanced payment before I find a solution.  Because ultimately, the payment isn't "advanced".  It's just that they want to hold onto money that doesn't belong to them, so that they can profit on bank interest.

If VRBO/Yapstone want to mess with my business, you can be sure that I'll return the favor.

• 337. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                      coho New Member

Not that HA gives a carp, but this was enough to finally push us out of the market, and we're one of the top properties in our area. We'll finish out the tax year/calendar year/high season, and leave the table with our winnings before the house's rake takes it all back. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Good luck to one and all.

• 338. Re: Yapstone should die.  Painfully.
                        hekkl5 Contributor

How in the world would we know that?  Whether we are native Home Away or VRbo?     And what difference would it make? They are doing this to all of us.

@

1 19 20 21 22 23 Previous Next