31 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2019 10:32 AM by lalinda RSS

I just received this from Yapstone!!!

margaret CommunityAmbassador

Good news, we've confirmed your opt-in

New fee-based Advanced Payments service

Thanks for opting into Yapstone's fee-based Advanced Payments service.  With the new service, your funds are usually available in your bank account by the 7th business day after we receive them. It may take one (1) business day to activate your new fee-based Advanced Payments service.  Any reservations made while you are assigned to the Check-In service will remain on Check-In. Any properties that you had on Check-In service and not on the old Advanced Payments service will also remain on Check-In service.

As a friendly reminder, you can learn more about our new Advanced Payments service, check-in payment service, and how to contact our support teams by viewing our FAQs.

If you didn’t request the new fee-based Advanced Payments service, please email us at advancedpayments@yapstone.com.

Thank you,

The Yapstone Team

I did NOT opt in to anything. I have deleted every email Yapstone has sent about this extortion!!

• Re: I just received this from Yapstone!!!
          coronasrgood Contributor

Same here. Homeaway needs to ban Yapstone immediately from collecting anything.

scowol Active Contributor

It seems, then, that you should notify them at the email address listed to advise them that you did not request advanced fee-based payments and be removed.

It is a no reply email. I called them and was told one of my listings is still with Yapstone. My dashboard says both my listings have been switched to the new processor. I called PP CS who confirmed that both my listings are with the new payment processor. I hope PP CS is right because I am not going to be happy if Yapstone tries to charge me an additional 3%.

martyp Contributor

There is a line at the bottom of the yapstone email:

"If you didn’t request the new fee-based Advanced Payments service, please email us at advancedpayments@yapstone.com."

I am apparently still on yapstone. I will respond stating that I will not opt in.    I have considered blocking my 2020 calendar until this gets straightened out, but  I decided to not  blocking my calendar and have decided to accept bookings.  After the change over to VRBO payments, I will send an email to any booked guests saying, "As per my rental agreement, access code will not be provide until after payment is received by me from VRBO.  Due to payment processing issues, please cancel your reservation and re-book." 

If I loose the customer, I am no worse off than if I had blocked my calendar.

sperok New Member

I also received this message and did not opt-in to anything with yapstone. Called them and they said just ignore it. Follow-up e-mails should come from both Yapstone and HomeAway showing that the account has been terminated at Yapstone and is now active only at HomeAway. We'll see ...

sunedayzzz New Member

This seems illegal.  The payment a guest makes to an owner should go to the owner, not Yapstone.   How are they legally able to charge an additional 3% just so we owners can get what is due to us, not them.  Imagine the interest they are generating on keeping these payments until guests arrive, especially when guests book months in advance!

martyp Contributor

I must say that Yapstone is scum.  I got that same email at 7:26pm.  Like you, I did not opt into anything with yapstone.

Not only that, but Yapstone and/or HomeAway his holding on to my money for my last booking.  I had a booking check in on Sept 3 and checked out on Sept 5.  I called VRBO  support Friday evening to find out where my money is.  VRBO was useless. VRBO claimed that they had sent out a disbursement email on Sept 2; They did not.  I asked him to resend that email and he agreed; I never received that second sending.  He contacted an agent (what is he???) and he assured me that the disbursement would be made into my account on Monday; it wasn't.  I put the word "assured" in bold type because I asked him repeatedly that the actual money would be in my bank account on Monday, not just a disbursement letter.

When it comes to finances, uncertainty is a big issue.  When it comes to a complete lack of trust of the other party, it is a HUGE issue.  I have lost all faith in HomeAway.

aquasphere Contributor

I also am awaiting any news of disbursement for a guest that checked out on Sept 3.  Called CS and was told my issue would be forwarded to finance and I would hear the resolution by email.  Haven't received anything. 

georgygirl1955 Senior Contributor

yup I got this too

I will be responding.

homeaway_community_manager this needs corporate attention by Vrbo...dontcha think?

Thanks

gbpack5 New Member

I just received this very same email.  I tried calling and only got a voice message system.  Thanks for relaying the information you have received, I'm going to call HA as well, and I'll report back on what I hear. 

feibus Senior Contributor

Now I feel left out.  Didn't get any emails from Yapstone about that.

sperok New Member

And now this mea culpa from Yapstone, with an "opt-in" button. Missing from it is another button "Not in 1M Years" ...

After the apology they still get it wrong. I've already been accepted into HA Payments "Early Payout" program and this letter says we will be dumped into Yapstone "Check-In" service. How many ways can they get this wrong?

VRP_Small_Color.png

Dear Valued Customer,

We learned that you received an email about Yapstone's fee-based Advance Payment service last night indicating that you had opted-in to the new service.  That email was sent to you in error.  This email confirms that you have not opted-in to fee-based Advance Payment service.  We apologize for the error and inconvenience caused by it.

Here, however, we describe the change to your Yapstone Advanced Payments feature that we meant to send you.  After careful review of competitive payment offerings, we have discontinued Advanced Payments as a free service.  Your payment account has been converted from Advanced Payments service to Check-In service (See, Yapstone Check-In Payments Terms).  We sincerely apologize for this short notice and appreciate the impact on your cashflow.  We know that the advanced payments service is a valued feature of Yapstone and that it distinguishes us from competitors.  So, we have created a quick way for you to resume the Advanced Payments feature.

HomeAway customers who want to resume getting the benefits of advanced payments can do so at a cost of 3% per transaction (in addition to the standard processing fee) for the new service.  By opting into the fee-based service below, you agree to the fees and terms.  To opt-in, click the button below.

If you choose not to opt-in, you will remain on our Check-In service.  Full details regarding Check-In service can be found here.

More details of the new fee-based Advanced Payment service can be found in the FAQs here.  These FAQs include information on how to contact our support teams.  Again, if you wish to opt-in to the new fee-based Advanced Payment service, please click here to go to the opt-in page: Opt-in.

Thank you,

Yapstone / VacationRentPayment

sperok New Member

Seems like we need an "E-Bay" for vacation rentals with active owners while HA/VRBO/ABB and others want to move up the value chain. Maybe time for the next disruption of this industry.

rinaldomoon Senior Contributor

Something from Florida renters

"Recent HomeAway - VRBO 2019 Payment Policy Changes Anger and Confuse Vacation Rental Owners"

https://www.floridarentalbyowners.com/recent-homeaway-vrbo-2019-payment-policy-changes-anger-and-confuse-vacation-rental…

And from Vacation Home Rental Network

"Vacation Rental Owners Victimized by HomeAway, Yapstone Feud"

Vacation Rental Owners Victimized by HomeAway, Yapstone Feud | Vacation Home Rental Network

gbpack5 New Member

Updating my experience... I've now received the 2nd  "opt-in" email error notice.  I spoke with customer service yesterday and today - wanting to make sure I fully understand the options I have. I'm afraid I don't have any new information to share.  I received the same explanation regarding migrating to HA system and that it would take ~ 45 days before I would know if my properties are considered for Early Payouts - and there is no guarantee.

We discussed my concern over the sum of money already collected and being held by Yapstone as well as a large sum that they are scheduled to bill for and disperse after check-in.  Our disbursement dates run through 2020 and we even have one scheduled for 2021.  I haven't pulled the trigger yet on signing up for the new HA system. ( I'm a worrier, if you haven't noticed)     Anybody else worried about cutting ties with Yapstone while still expecting these future payouts?

I haven't seen this mentioned, but the representative suggested that once the properties have completed the migration to the new system, I contact the future guests and have them initiate a cancellation, receive a refund, and then re-book.  That surprised me, I'm trying to think that through and understand the possible consequences other than causing the guests confusion and inconvenience.

sperok New Member

We bit the bullet and started the process with HA. Three days later got approved for Early Payout. When the dust settles I am definitely going back to my guests that initiated payments on Yapstone and executing the cancel/rebook process. With clear and accurate communication I hope it can be a smoother process than what we just went through.

As another poster suggested, also looking into Houfy and other alternatives for long term transition away from VRBO. At first glance the user interface on Houfy looks to be two generations ahead of VRBO/HA.

According to Yapstone the opt in email was an error. When I spoke to them they said my account was still on check in payments. I have migrated to the new processor. I have not been a fan of Yapstone for quite a long time. You shouldn't cut ties with Yapstone until all payments owed to you have been paid out. It is not necessary to to close your Yapstone account when you accept the new payment processor.
                                            If you choose to ask the guests to cancel and rebook, I would call them and carefully explain the situation to the guest.

lalinda Contributor

I noticed on one of the many emails from Yapstone about the changes, at the bottom there is a link to unsubscribe. I clicked on it and it took me to a page to unsubscribe from all "marketing" emails from Yapstone. Apparently they view these kinds of things as marketing. I unsubscribed and haven't gotten another email since.