70 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2019 2:07 PM by brie344 RSS

Early Payout Notification

dramsey Contributor

We received an email this morning stating our account would be moved to the new payment platform and that we have been selected for Early Payout, which was great news. The email gave some information regarding the new platform to include that Early Payout is by invitation only.

• Re: Early Payout Notification
          feibus Senior Contributor

Good for you!!!

And good to know they're starting to "beta" that feature for homeowners on the new platform.  Can you cut/paste the note here (without info identifying you or your account)?

ha-moderator-christi HomeAway Employee

Super Excited to hear you were one of the ones chosen for the test group!!. The notices started going out today to a group of partners that have already excepted the new payment terms and conditions. When migrating over these partners will need to fill out their banking information.

lakensea Contributor

ha-moderator-Christi My subscription is due for renewal on October 7th - is there a way to confirm if I will be eligible for the "on time/advance pay" program?

Also, what is the time frame expected to be from the time HomeAway receives the guest's payment to the time the homeowner sees the funds deposited?

Thanks.

lakensea we do not currently have a way to guarantee who will be on Earl Pay.

Here is the information I have on timelines for Early Pay.

Early payouts are released to your bank account seven days after the traveler completes a payment. The payout should then be available in your bank account within five to seven business days, depending on your bank’s processing time. Currently, early payouts are available by invitation only.

what's with the long delay?  In some instances, when the reservation is for the upcoming week, we're not going to see the money until after the guest is back home.

margaret CommunityAmbassador

I am going to guess that this is the reason for the delay:

"Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Guest provides correct notice to the website the Property was booked through within 24 hours of the scheduled check in that the "Property is not as described, or there is some other issue with the Property, You authorize us to return the Accommodation Fees to the Guest."

Read 2nd paragraph of this section in following link:   1.6 Fraud and Risk Reviews and Settlement Timeline.

https://www.homeaway.com/info/legal/hap-terms-conditions

That's not 7 days, though.  That's 1-3 days tops.

hickmanhideaway Contributor

Are they sending an email out to the guest to ask if the property ISN'T AS EXPECTED? An opportunity to get their money back and a free stay? If they are sending any type of email that gives the impression my property is misrepresented and the guest has an out, that is so wrong.

No, they are not sending out emails asking if the property isn't as expected. One of the things covered by Book With Confidence is a property significantly different than described.

A large part of our customer service teams job is helping travelers, part of that is lodging or rebooking a traveler who is covered by BWC. We do ask all owners that have to cancel a reservation for any reason other than the traveler requested it outside of the cancelation policy to refund the traveler. If the traveler is covered by BWC Vrbo ends up paying for lodging and any overage when rebooking.

For what it's worth when a reservation is canceled and refunded in full everyone loses.

I will reach out and see if I can get an answer when and if I get an answer I will follow up.

martyp Contributor

SEVEN DAYS!!  Why so long???

When guests book direct, rather than through VBRO, my credit card processor has the funds in my bank the very next day.

martyp Contributor

Christi,

I have read the agreement and there is an incongruity that I would like you to explain.  Section 2.3(i) states:

"Your Property bookings are transactions solely between You and the relevant Guest and not with us or any of our affiliates; "

If the booking is "solely" between me and the guest, then why is HomeAway holding on to our money rather than behaving like an ethical credit card processor?

One more question for you:

I am a slow learner and have had to learn over and over that:

A promise is not a transaction; cash in hand is a transaction.

If a traveler has made a booking transaction with VRBO, I don't have the cash in the bank, and I get a direct booking request from another guest, why wouldn't I accept the direct booking and cancel the guest who has the "transaction" with VRBO?

mauimakani Contributor

ha-moderator-christi Can you let me know if the "Accept New Payments" modal window appearing on my dashboard will include the new payments program? I don't generally upgrade until I know what I am upgrading to and won't agree to move to new payments plan without "advanced payments". This is a major change for VRBO, I would hope that they would provide good documentation to Owners, prior to having them make a significant change in their business

Here is the modal window, anyone else seeing this? If you click Start upgrade is there actually a choice to not continue if I do not agree to the new terms?

vrbo_payment.jpg