6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2019 12:40 PM by thaxterlane RSS

System for cleaners to give feedback on guests/condition?

lakere Contributor

How do your cleaners give you feedback on guests/condition left so you can review and doesn't take too much time for them? Thanks.

• Re: System for cleaners to give feedback on guests/condition?
          wildiris Active Contributor

I ask my cleaner to send me an email after the guest checks out.  She tells me if everything was left in good shape or if there's a problem.

margaret CommunityAmbassador

If there is damage or a problem my housekeeper will let me know. If everything is fine, once she finishes cleaning she will send a text saying something like "Alls is good, ready for the next guest."

ohst8er Premier Contributor

Our cleaners alert me if there was a problem.  If I don't hear back there was no problem. 

Honestly, I find that the more I engage my guests in the process, the better they treat our condo (generally speaking, some people are just slobs.)  We were in our beach location this past weekend, not staying in our condo, and stopped by the place 10 minutes after checkout so that we could drop off some new beach chairs.  I looked at my husband and said, "The cleaners haven't already been and gone, have they?"  I had to go into the bedrooms to look at the unmade beds to see that that was how the GUEST left our place!

planthealth Active Contributor

I grade our guests when I have been in town and I have been the cleaners. If the guests are slobs, then I am less inclined to provide special deals/bend over backwards on future stays. If it is so clean it was like my cleaner was just there, then I do jumping jacks to get those guests back.

I hope there is a blog or something out there in the internet world so guests know this and will actively treat all our VRs nicely, but I do try to "reward" those who I see clearly cared for our place!!!

kdhobx27948 New Member

My cleaner sends me a text message letting me know everything is fine and ready for next guest. She lets me know of any damage - sends pics- or if anything isn't working properly, etc. She rates guests from 1 to 5, with 3 being average, 1 being poor, and 5 being outstanding.

thaxterlane Premier Contributor

If there is any concern my house cleaners text or phone me during the housecleaning.

If there are not any unusual circumstances I receive an email by the end of the day informing me the house is in order.

My house is a weekly rental and is cleaned on the same turnover day each week between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm.  I have my tel in hand throughout this time frame in the event of a problem. 

I'm always relieved to set my tel down and move on to other activities . . .