6 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2019 4:04 PM by rjstroebel RSS

eRentalLock - Horrible Lock performance - Horrible company support

rjstroebel Contributor

This is an FYI to all,

I've been operating 2 of my own VR properties in sunny San Diego MODERATE CLIMATE the last 6 years and decided to go with a remote lock system 2.5 years ago.

I went with eRentalLock.com product. Purchased 3 at $329.00 ea.

After just 28 months...., 1 of the locks is failing.

PROBLEM: At no pattern of day or date a long term code will stop functioning and then function again the next day, ten repeats again. 

I contacted eRentalLock support  ( They do NOT have a 800 number or ANY number for that matter). ONLY EMAIL CONTACT...(Red flag #1)

The email response I received was

"It’s the keypad problem. The dirty contactor keypad can’t accept the pressed number well. "

I was given instructions to remove the lock AND TAKE IT APART exposing the circuit board and "Clean the contacts with a white sheet of paper".

After having disassembled the lock down to the motherboard and performing the steps, I did NOT resolve the problem

I contacted erentalLock support again... EMAIL ONLY.... and I was then informed;

" Then most likely it’s the inside electronic board problem. You just need to order the BE365 Upgrade Kit (please check out http://erentallock.com/3306.html to find it on the bottom) to replace the inside electronic board to fix the problem. If you want to order, for your repair purpose we offer 50% discount.

Please let’s know if you want to order. If yes, we’ll send you the Paypal invoice to offer the discount for you."

After purchasing (3) of these locks already and 1 failing only 2.4 years I have to PURCHASE...... some sort of "UPGRADE KIT"  ( RED FLAG #2)

So, it is my personal experience that I would NOT purchase these locks again, or do business with this company ever again.

This has been MY experience, and if you are considering purchasing a VR Lock you may want to consider my experience,