3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2019 11:39 AM by feibus RSS

Rates and Booking Window needs to be linked!

psphoto Active Contributor

The Booking Window information ( how far out someone can book ) should be accessible in the RATES section of the Calendar on the Admin site, since when someone is setting rates, it's important to know how far ahead to SET those rates! Instead, it's in the reservations section only.

I can guarantee many Owners have made the mistake of not setting their rates out far enough for specific Medium or High Season periods, and have a quote default to the Low Season rate because they didn't check the allowed booking period window.

VRBO/Homeaway.....please fix this!

• Re: Rates and Booking Window needs to be linked!
          feibus CommunityAmbassador

Send it via the feedback widget.  I also sent in that feedback last week (for the same reason).  The more that do it, the higher up the list it goes.

• Re: Rates and Booking Window needs to be linked!
              psphoto Active Contributor

Yep...I did that......

Hopefully more owners will too.

Why they don't understand that the booking time window is critically linked to the set rates section is beyond me!

I know a couple of owners who had to cancel guests simply because the owners forgot to set rates for a high seasonal period....and their booking window stretched into that period. You would think that VRBO/HA could at least remind owners of falling into this trap, but given their recent failures in other areas, I guess I'm expecting too much!