8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2019 12:03 AM by lindata RSS

Need help with wording on rental agreement for unaccompanied minors

lindata Active Contributor

Hello.  I'm tweaking my rental agreement for my beach VRBO that attracts a lot of partying kids.  I've heard that parents will rent a home and then let their children have a party there unattended.  We do not allow singles under the age of 25 to rent from us.  What kind of wording would you put in a rental agreement to say that the parents or responsible adult must stay throughout the booking.  I get hung up on the wording.  This is what I have so far:

Falsified Reservations:  We do not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.  No proms, spring break parties, or large gatherings are allowed, chaperoned or otherwise, no exceptions. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.  Subletting or subleasing the property is absolutely prohibited.  Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in. Unapproved guests will result in immediate eviction of all guests without refund.  If there are any complaints about the noise level and/or any drug use, Homeowner has the right to terminate this contract immediately. Please be courteous to our neighbors in this regard.