12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2019 9:14 AM by khs RSS

Total Payout Amount is Wrong

wkm2a Contributor

Is anyone else seeing this issue?  My total payout amount is wrong.  When I look at the break down it appears that they are no longer including the charge for extra guests (I charge more for groups over 6).  It seems inconsistent however because this line item does show up on a few bookings but for the most part is absent.  This did cause a minor panic attack for me today when I thought all of my groups for winter break (which are 12-18 people groups) were not being charged correctly.  I reviewed what they paid and that did seem to be correct.

Anyway I guess I will have to keep a closer eye on what I am actually being paid going forward.  It still amazes me how many bugs are in the system...it's like they just throw stuff out there with no testing at all and hope everything will be just fine.

• Re: Total Payout Amount is Wrong
          hmmmm Senior Contributor

I think with Yapstone taking over our payments, one should keep a very clear ledger and accounting.

wkm2a Contributor

They also do not include any portion of a security deposit you may have withheld.

I know this is beating a dead horse but is there any testing or review of anything that gets pushed to the live site?  Do you even have a test site?  Stop pushing new features and maybe take a week or two and come up with a process for creating specifications, developing, testing, and review.  My 10 & 12-year old kids produce more thought out website features than this...although they are quit amazing little coders...maybe you should hire them?

wishing4wind Contributor

I have a booking now and it appears as though the extra guest fee has disappeared. Until I saw your post, I assumed I just missed it. This is a serious glitch! Holy Cow you are so right about testing!

khs Contributor

I too am having this problem with a completely wrong payout  Yapstone. The dashboard payment schedule is correct and matched my rental agreement as confirmed by the premier partner support. Yet they shorted me $188 on the payout/deposit. It has been nearly 2 weeks with no resolution even after repeated calls (3) )and emails. (3)  I was told it was "elevated" and passed off to tech support. What exactly does that mean? I have also posted it here on the community hub. I now have hours into this chasing my funds doing business with a company I no longer trust to collect my payments.

Basically this is flat-out  withholding/stealing from owners. YES! BE VERY DILIGENT TO CHECK YOUR PAYOUTS.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can resolve this issue please let me know.

khs Contributor

Yapstone is with holding funds from owners with wrong payout and no accountability! It has been 3 weeks, 3 phone calls endless emails and still they have done nothing to resolve the issue.

hmmmm Senior Contributor

As Erin for help when she returns.

She will help you to see how to expedite it.  There needs to be transparency to this is resolved.

With only one choice for payment processing Yapstone needs to be beyond reproach. 

Drum:  PayPal, PayPal, PayPal

khs Contributor

Yes, I agree hummmm. But Erin is out on holiday I believe. I was told they were going to "elevate" my case weeks ago when I first called. But to date no one has done a thing or even bothered to contact me.

hmmmm Senior Contributor

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that.  Just not the way it can be.  It can be so much better than this.

If anyone is going to a summit this year, the payment processing needs to be an issue discussed.
                              Payments are what its all about for us and Homeaway.  Taking a processor that is not on the scale of PayPal needs to be corrected.

khs Contributor

Update, Erin expedited my case and still no word from CS or Yapstone and still no resolution on the funds they have with held on incorrect payout as of today.

wishing4wind Contributor

I checked the reservation, and yes, I did charge the additional guest fee and it is indeed missing from the details under the total payout display and the total payout displayed is indeed wrong as I was paid the amount that includes the additional guest fee. At least I was paid the correct amount but I would like to see this addresses asap!

homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi wkm2a,

Please check your community inbox. We will be sending a request for more information to see what we can do to help. Thank you.

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager