5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2018 10:58 AM by 1500main RSS

Listing DeActivated because it is not in Chicago?

1500main Contributor

Urgent: Your Chicago listing has been deactivated.

Woke up to a notice from HA that my listing has been deactivated because I don't display a City of Chicago License Number!

THE LISTING IS NOT IN THE CITY OF CHICAGO!!!!

That being said, it appears to still be displaying when I log out and search my area.

When I log in, there is no notice of any sort or message regarding this in my dashboard other than the email I received.

I checked the Headers and it appears to be a legitimate email sent from Homeaway.

Another thing is that I can't follow the instructions as described in the email, there is no field to enter a Registration Number even if I had one:

Because your listing doesn’t display a vacation rental, bed-and-breakfast, or hotel license, the City of Chicago’s law requires us to deactivate your listing. If you have an active license number, please add it to your listing as soon as possible to reactivate your listing.
      To add your license number, login to your dashboard, select the impacted listing and follow these steps:
      1. Choose edit listing.
      2. On the description tab, look for first time registration.
      3. Click the visit registration page link.
      4. You’ll see an option to enter a license number for your listings.
      5. Once you enter your number, be sure to click save.
      Alternatively, you may also apply for registration as a Shared Housing Unit, if eligible, using HomeAway’s online registration system. Once you submit your application, your listing can go live and accept bookings as the City processes your application.
      Still have questions? Review our help page here and the City’s page here.

More Like This

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points