1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 16, 2018 11:27 AM by homeaway_community_manager RSS

Rejected to join community forum

susaninrehoboth Premier Contributor

A FB friend was rejected when they requested to join this forum. No reason was given. She is sure she completed required information. Erinn, would you please list reasons someone may be requested? Is the response perhaps a scam? Thanks.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: text

• Re: Rejected to join community forum
          homeaway_community_manager HomeAway Employee

Hi susaninrehoboth,

I generally send a follow-up email, but due to outlook issues I'm having, I don't have access to my templates currently. I have communicated directly with Teri via email and we've gotten the issue resolved.

The reason she was rejected and the only reason anyone would be rejected is in the Community Guidelines:

• The email address you use to register MUST match your active HomeAway/VRBO/VacationRentals (any HomeAway Family of Brands) login email address and you must include your real name. If we cannot match your email address and name to a HomeAway owner account then your registration request will be rejected. [Those who are no longer using HomeAway to advertise but already have an account will be grandfathered into the Community.]

She tried to register with an email that was not the primary (login) email for her account. So her request to join was rejected. When she requested membership with the primary (login) email, she was immediately approved.

Thank you.

Erinn

HomeAway Community Manager